Beat Post

2»

Comments

• [

Pursuing Oblivion =

Is this going to be a 12" ???

• day is always to me, and i'm defintely feeling tayo's beats. nice stuff overall from stacks, i've always enjoyed peeping new schitt from you. i'll have some new stuff on my myspace soon and i'll post it when i do.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Oh shit Day you flipped that Ch****e Ro*** Band somethin fierce there I think on the third or fourth joint on that lil player, that was a fusion batch track word 'ems! Good shit as usual.

Here's a couple blazing downtempo-ish things my man Sean Julian and I were fruckin around with recently:

SP12 vs. SP404

Stoney

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    And Stacks I agree with the consensus "Pursuing Oblivion" is SOLID, when am I gonna be able to cop a Big Stacks CD?

• morse, i like stoney...just rolled up a sunday spliff and listened to that beat. the combination worked well.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    And Stacks I agree with the consensus "Pursuing Oblivion" is SOLID, when am I gonna be able to cop a Big Stacks CD?

Thanks, Morse Code (and others). Actually, "Pursuing Oblivion" is going on G.U.N.'s CD (along with two other joints which I have MP3s of), and Soma has asked me for some more joints (which I will oblige later this fall). Night (my MC) is finally gettin' going again, so we should have the CD finished by the first of the year. The mixes I put up for those are rough joints, but the Soulstrut massive will be the first to know when we're officially done. I'll check if I can get out some promo joints on the humble. I also plan to have a listening party event when it's done (details to come). We wanna use some feedback from listeners to decide on which joints to keep for the final CD. I'm pretty much finished with all the songs (pre-production wise), although we have lay down some skits we've planned, decide which interludes will be included, and work out the intro.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Oh shit Day you flipped that Ch****e Ro*** Band somethin fierce there I think on the third or fourth joint on that lil player, that was a fusion batch track word 'ems! Good shit as usual.

Here's a couple blazing downtempo-ish things my man Sean Julian and I were fruckin around with recently:

SP12 vs. SP404

Stoney

I liked both of those joints, Morse Code. And Martin, my head was noddin' to your track as well. Phill said it well, only a certain MC could flip that type track. I have tons of those sittin' in the vaults, and no MCs ever write 'em. They can be so limited sometimes in the tracks they select.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Soul Strut have some of the most talented musicians/producers.
    Cheers to all of y'all!

I need to get back into these beats...

• heres one i made out of a $2 record

http://www.goldteef.com/sa/alloveragain.mp3

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    love the beats posted so far...

i moved recently and dont have my samplers here yet. so ive been sampling with the computer lately, and i havent exactly been able to focus to finish anything.

but heres a snippet anyways:

unfocused.mp3

• Twin Town Trouble
    i don't know if i am comming to a complete stage with the track or i need to rework it... i will decide soon. i still think it is hard as fuck
    http://download.yousendit.com/774038592DBEC5F9

NEVAFORCETHEFUNK

tell me what you think, it is tripped out, a lot of vocal harmonies, i originally made this as a track that I would rap on but it doesn't sound like this track is gonna need any rapping
    http://download.yousendit.com/2801E1672C6586D6

CashRules

I enjoy this track a lot, it has an epic groove to it.
    http://download.yousendit.com/AC9E4A304A242384

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    Day record.

Really like the new stuff too, Stacks...

myspace 'ish myspace.com/wooshiedylan

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    [

Pursuing Oblivion =

Man, i would love to put this out on 12"... it's just so hard to get distributors to take this style of music anymore, let alone get the public to know about it and purchase it. It deserves to be on a 12" though IMO.

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    [

Pursuing Oblivion =

Man, i would love to put this out on 12"... it's just so hard to get distributors to take this style of music anymore, let alone get the public to know about it and purchase it. It deserves to be on a 12" though IMO.

just drop the record allready and dont expect it to sell out in 2 weeks.. give it time! we need more g.u.n.

[

Pursuing Oblivion =

Yep Phill, the scenario you depicted is a real possibility. But I figure, fuck it, I'ma do the music I like hearing. I wanna make a classic that will stand over time. I have remaining (but dwindling) faith in mankind to appreciate art. I think there is a market for this music (many cats have told me so, surprisingly), though the "big label exec dudes (dudettes)" don't have the vision, patience, or wherewithall to find it. It's probably something an artist will have to do on the dolo. I'll continue to walk through the darkness carrying my torch. Plus, I have a career to feed the fam, so it's all about the art for me.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Damn, thanks everybody. I respect the shit outta all of you so that means alot.
    Hopefully I can take these to the

love the beats posted so far...

i moved recently and dont have my samplers here yet. so ive been sampling with the computer lately, and i havent exactly been able to focus to finish anything.

but heres a snippet anyways:

unfocused.mp3

Yo Doom,

I really felt the track(s). The part that started about 5:20 into the track was especially

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Whoa, there is some great music comming through here. Stacks, CD?? If so i want it. Nearly everything i listened to on this post (Day, etc) was top notch. There's really not much i can say about the music that hasnt already been said, just that its all good music. I'm little hestitant to put up what i'm doing, but anyways...

http://myspace.com/treehousebeats

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    www.myspace.com/djenkimusic

"Super Mario Cee" is a blend I already posted on here a while back, but the other three are productions/remixes. More to come soon....

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    www.myspace.com/djenkimusic

"Super Mario Cee" is a blend I already posted on here a while back, but the other three are productions/remixes. More to come soon....

Im feelin that kung fu kwau track.

Supthing I did today:

http://www.djrelaxproductions.com/Ride.mp3

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    reluctant, but...
    here's my shit site that plays everything a bitbit slower than it is intended to be...and i haven't updated in 6 months because of my current weak computer situation...

http://www.terminus1525.ca/studio/view/669

• [

Pursuing Oblivion =

just drop the record allready and dont expect it to sell out in 2 weeks.. give it time! we need more g.u.n.

I just saw this thread - aint been on SS for mega long. Glad yinz like "Pursuin Oblivion", I came up w/ the concept soon as I heard the Stacks ish. New G.U.N is on the way...like NEXT WEEK. Real hip-hop, the way it was meant to be. I dont care if it sells, it's for ME and others like ME...period. Thanks Stacks - get me that new heat, cuddo! Get at me for that GREEDYOLOGY lp. Next G.U.N album will be early spring, along w/a Soma Candelaria full length as well.