Jay Z Hawking Budweiser

2»

Comments

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    i'll put all the st. ides commercial mp3s up tonight if nobody beats me to it... i think i have all of them at home... my favorite is the geto boys - "my malt's playing tricks on me"... "i sit alone in my four cornered room eatin' a wing dinner" lol

radd! That sounds dope! just played the og yesterday in a club and got some thumbs up from the old heads

yeah, that would be totally awesome if you could up them, thx man....

• I thought this dude is one of impeccable taste and style? Now he is selling Budweiser beer?

did you ever TRY Armadale???? Dude's always been about that paper

I thought I told you cats I'm not a rapper - can I live???
    I told you in 96 and I did.
    Scrambled like Randall with his - Cunnningham
    But the only thing running is numbers fam
    Jigga held you down for six summers.
    Damn - where's the love????

People like to pick & chose shit when it's convenient.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I actually liked some of the west coast g-funk ones the best. RIDICULOUS beats on some of those!

Do they still even sell that St. Ides schitt?

When I was in NY back in 97, they aired the one with King Tee. Now that was really a RIDICULOUS beat, I think J-Zone even mentions it somewhere on his album that this one track was better than another cat's whole album. I still need that!!!!!!!!!! I was told that there was a japanese release with all the St. Ides commercials. Is that true? But I really, really need the one with King Tee!!! "Special brew, Special brew, so special" with kool & the gang drums...can anyone up this? I need that schitt!!! Or Pm me if u got it, i need it....many thx in advance...

peace,

S.D.

There were 6 or 7 King Tee St. Ides joints! DJ Pooh produced all of em and there were ones with King Tee along with Mixmaster Spade, E-Swift & Ice Cube. I'll try to post em all later if I have time.

My favorite St. Ides joint was the TV ad with the Lynch Mob and Ice Cube having a backyard BBQ and rappin' over the Blackbyrds loop. THAT was the schitt!!!!!!

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    was told that there was a japanese release with all the St. Ides commercials. Is that true?

A bay area dude, DJ Drank (I guess the same person as DJ Dank & DJ Prank and probably behind that 6 part history of the hiphop DJ CD series), put out a limited CD several years ago called DJ Drank's Greatest Malt Liquor Hits that compiled them all. Hiphopslam's site was the first to sell 'em, then other places like sandbox, hiphopsite, aquariusrecords, etc. started to as well. The CD's long out of print, but it was reissued and still available as 3 separate 12" EPs.

• it was reissued and still available as 3 separate 12" EPs

this is what i have

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    was told that there was a japanese release with all the St. Ides commercials. Is that true?

A bay area dude, DJ Drank (I guess the same person as DJ Dank & DJ Prank and probably behind that 6 part history of the hiphop DJ CD series), put out a limited CD several years ago called DJ Drank's Greatest Malt Liquor Hits that compiled them all.

I don't think it includes all of them.

I seem to recall a Biggie one, and that's definitely not on there.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    drank actually put out 3 different tapes with all of them on there. i posted the biggie video in the last page.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    it was reissued and still available as 3 separate 12" EPs

this is what i need! thanks for the info! if anyone will still up this though, that would be perfecto!

• Now I know he's about 50. Only Old Men and Transients drink that schitt.

• here are the commercials that i have... i couldn't find the third record, so it's not all of them, but it's about 20

this is what i have

Homies label?

Oh, I love Bud bottles, probably my all time favorite domestic beer.

this is what i have

Homies label?

yep

• sergserg 682 Posts
    the people that drink budweiser select are the same people that thought drinking michalob was sophisticated

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    the people that drink budweiser select are the same people that thought drinking michalob was sophisticated

This "deluxe" trend is

Bud is tryin to get the "upscale" demograph w/ this bullshit.
    And the first target is the hood. Sounds like the usual plan.