LOST (un)appreciation (TVR)

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
I can't seem to find the other, normal "Lost" thread.Basically...even though these MFers will undoubtedly get me to watch "just to see what happens" even I, a former booster of the show, am now reaching the end of my patience with how fuggin' manipulative it is. I'm not saying anything that hasn't been complained about thousands of times before but at some point, this show threatens to implode under the weight of its own "mysteries". I seriously wonder why I'm even watching this season except that, when Wed nights roll around, I'm still there, like a zombie.

Comments

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    i missed the last two episodes, but i thought the premier was pretty decent. i agree with the general direction of the show though. it's turning into one huge soap opera mess, which means people will always be tuning in to see what happens next.

• can't help...must watch...

the guy who mixed my album...Nate (Neytrawn) got me into it....now, I'm addicted...hate to do this (if you missed an episode, and don't want to wait for the dl):

abc.go.com

you can watch the whole episode there...sorry :/ (guiltiness of the pleasurable kind)

• At least last night's ep was pretty good. AT least I thought so. I feel ya though, ODub.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    I still watch Lost every week. But this season it's muthaphuckin'

HEROES!!!

• I still watch Lost every week. But this season it's muthaphuckin'

HEROES!!!

Heroes is a really good show, but unlike lost it seems to be going somewhere.

• I agree. This season is very

Why are they breaking rocks for hours and not asking why they are breaking rocks? It's gotten to the point where it's kind of stupid. I used to like the characters and the character development (the first sesaons flash backs) was one of the things that made the show so good, but now it's kind of like "who gives a fuck about your past...a giant magnet just blew up and you aren't even talking about it."

I, along with a lot of my friends, am ready to abandon the show and just watch it as a whole on dvd. This show has more commercials than most shows. It always has, but when the content is pretty B.S. then you hate the commercials even more.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I agree. This season is very

Why are they breaking rocks for hours and not asking why they are breaking rocks? It's gotten to the point where it's kind of stupid. I used to like the characters and the character development (the first sesaons flash backs) was one of the things that made the show so good, but now it's kind of like "who gives a fuck about your past...a giant magnet just blew up and you aren't even talking about it."

I, along with a lot of my friends, am ready to abandon the show and just watch it as a whole on dvd. This show has more commercials than most shows. It always has, but when the content is pretty B.S. then you hate the commercials even more.

this week had its moments. why can desmond see the future (and act like it aint no thing)?

they set up another huge mystery with the gap in time between the failsafe and when locke wakes up. i'm intrigued.

also even though the preview for next week was on some stupid "do you love him?" bullshit, the candian version is less wack.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,899 Posts
    I get the feeling the writers are just making it up as they go along now.

Like they did with the end of the X-Files.

Show has deffo "Jumped the shark".

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I get the feeling the writers are just making it up as they go along now.

Like they did with the end of the X-Files.

Show has deffo "Jumped the shark".

honestly, pretty much all t.v. is making it up as the writers go along. When done right, its cool cause its kind of more like life is.

But ive never watched lost because i heard it just goes on and on and never resolves any of the mysteries, and that shit is wack.

Wait for Battlestar Galactica. Seriously. Its an awesome show.

• Im way hooked on this show.

Been a little disappointed with this season.. the polar bear again? That was unnecessary.

Shit better happen quick if they're gonna wrap this up in 4 or 5 seasons like they say.

And I hear the writers know exactly where its going.

Crazy as hell theory I read, from some link to a Lost message board:

The island is opposite to that of Manhattan on the globe.. supposedly the plane crashed at that location in the Indian Ocean, and those numbers, 4 8 15 16 23 42, even 108 (the minute mark the button had to be pushed in the hatch) correspond to streets with parks(?). One of the parks in NYC has a few polar bears.

That statue they saw from the boat of a foot with four toes looks exactly like one of the Statue Of Liberty's feet.

And the parks appear to be in similar spots as all the stations on the island.

And all those noises from season 1 where the trees are bending and shit?.. thats the subway running.

And the movie "The Seventh Seal" (Ingmar Bergman) has a ton of similarities to the show and Desmond.

I dunno. I dont care. Im gonna watch next week!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Fuck this show. If you've seen this week, you know the deal.

Why not wait until it folds out to judge?

It might be ingenious, it might be pseudorelativity crap. Who knows?

I'll be there to watch it though.

Seasons 1 & 2 were entertaining enough to watch another one.

Oh, I'll still watch it. So fuck me too.

That's the spirit!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

That's the spirit!

RAD

How about Ben? What a tepid terd! He better not be follin' about the medical condition he has. What about Sawyer? This next episode gonna be tha schitt!!!!!

Okay, how about them showing the Tyrese Othello epic: Daybreak: aka Groudhog Day set in LA! Tepid or hott? At least they're not going to run any repeats of Lost until the Summer or something.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    hopefully Sawyer will get his revenge:

a la:

• Daybreak: aka Groudhog Day set in LA! Tepid or hott?

That show looks dumb as hell.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I can't believe anybody watches or enthuses over that trash.

Not that I've ever seen it or anything, but, damn--have some respect for yourselves.

• Yeah, I'm hooked on this show too, but I was pretty pissed at how they ended the last episode.

Not that I've ever seen it or anything, but, damn--have some respect for yourselves.

Disconnected from network television?

(Not that this is actually a bad thing).

I could speak on The Wire instead but I'm just biding my time for Season 5 at this point.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Disconnected from network television?

(Not that this is actually a bad thing).

I could speak on The Wire instead but I'm just biding my time for Season 5 at this point.

Literally--I don't own a TV.

The WIRE is the only show that I have watched with any regularity in at least a decade.