Adele Sebastian "Desert Fairy Princess" (Nimbus)

GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
How is that lp? I've only heard the track that's on the ubiquity compilation "California Soul". Is there more good tracks on the lp and how much does it go for?

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    How is that lp? I've only heard the track that's on the ubiquity compilation "California Soul". Is there more good tracks on the lp and how much does it go for?

Don't know how much it goes for, but it's a great jazz flute LP, on the "Strata-Spiritual-Jazz" vibe. I will pull it from the shelf now, good Sunday music.

• Title track is up there w/ the comped "daydreamer" and as far as i know it's a $50-60 record

• BigNachoBigNacho 47 Posts

$50-ish. excellent album for the strata-east crowd.

• nosawanosawa 89 Posts
    The live version of the title track "Desert Fairy Princess" also appears on the Horace Tapscott 'with the Pan-African Peoples Arkestra LIVE at I.U.C.C.' LP (Nimbus 357), just listening earlier today... apparently Adele died at the age of only 27

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    The live version of the title track "Desert Fairy Princess" also appears on the Horace Tapscott 'with the Pan-African Peoples Arkestra LIVE at I.U.C.C.' LP (Nimbus 357), just listening earlier today... apparently Adele died at the age of only 27

Jeez, that's sad. RIP

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Jeez, that's sad. RIP

lots of sad stories surrounding artists that recorded for nimbus... my least favorite where are they now:

MTA buses, trains running again after five-week strike

By: Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- A musician waiting for the Red Line subway train with a bag full of his homemade CDs on Tuesday rejoiced that he was mobile again.
    More than a month ago, Dadisi Komolafe had to leave transitional housing in North Hollywood to live in a Los Angeles shelter because he couldn't afford to travel the 15 miles or so to L.A. for gigs.

The end of a 35-day transit strike was a blessing for Komolafe, 47. He lives on welfare payments of $221 a month and estimated he earns another $200 by playing his flute and saxophone on the streets -- so taxis were out of the question.

"They cost you an arm and a leg soon as you flip the lever up," he said. "It's like three or four dollars and you haven't even went a block."

Nov. 18, 2003

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    I've never seen this anywhere. One of my personal "white whales".

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Was just listening to this the other day at my friend's house. Solid, good vibes. Also made a beat offa "Daydreamer" which I should figure out how to post up here. Jel made an illlll beat off this years ago for the Presage album.