Loner ebay sellers that use "we"

2»

Comments

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    dude with all due respect you are talking out of your ass

• dude with all due respect you are talking out of your ass
    If I were, I wouldn't name any scientific web info which I have been visiting. Of course I'd not be unwilling to settle the thing for people who would like to sell warped records. I guess 80% of these are storage warps, unless you would leave the black disk in the plain sun.
    Of course I have nothing against good arguments, but yours is not really fulfilling that need.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    dude with all due respect you are talking out of your ass
    If I were, I wouldn't name any scientific web info which I have been visiting. Of course I'd not be unwilling to settle the thing for people who would like to sell warped records. I guess 80% of these are storage warps, unless you would leave the black disk in the plain sun.

Of course I have nothing against good arguments, but yours is not really fulfilling that need.

Could you retype this in English please?

• dude with all due respect you are talking out of your ass

Could you retype this in English please?
    Oh sit, now I got into people again who think that America is the center of the world and the web is only available to people who think I should perfectly spell all before they feel inclined to leave their pityful comment. No thanks. I've enough of empty-headed winks like that, with all your respect.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    wow, you were able to tell all that about me from two posts? did you consult a scientific website?

it's not your spelling. i'm having difficulty with your syntax, it's really hard to follow. if you want to insult me, call me something other than a "wink." i don't know what that means. in any event, you should accept that there are people on this messageboard who have real world experience that contradicts what you are saying about warped records.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Yeah!? You know what? I use "we" Yeah I said it. Fuck it. It isnt about Marketing or having some kind of silly stragedy. There are a lot of people involved in getting those records to my "store". This aint no one man army man, I got people all over callin me up, bringing me shit. And I work with people, lots of people, I got a partner, infact I got two. I have someone to print the labels and someone to cut the tape. I got my driver, and a postal expert to boot! Shit, loner seller my ass. This is a worldwide corporation in the making.

And you what else? I think that guy Jazoist could possibly be this DUDE coming to drop some knowlege.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

JustAlice and her staff.

• My favourite is this Shuga auctions in minnoesta.

He hypes himself big.

...every lp "we" sells is rare / private press / jazz funk / afro funk / private soul...

I went to his wharehouse last time I was in Minny (cuz no one on the strut has any info on the city outside the stores - ) so I show up, and he's unbelievably clueless. He's an ex-trance DJ who got some dough from an inhertience and decided to slang records cuz he threw his Chemical Bros 12" on the bay when trying to move. Now he's all over the place, and soley relies on the pakora, manship & popsike to price anything you try to buy from him in person. All in all, I bought one record after about 30 minutes of watching him trying to find a price on the Street People on Vigor. when he came up lame, I said - it's a Disco record - $10. After another 15 minutes I said - look for Jeanie Napoli - this should be around the same price and we called it a day.

He's actually got his girl & dad helping, but it's a confedercy of dunces.

• wow, you were able to tell all that about me from two posts? did you consult a scientific website?

it's not your spelling. i'm having difficulty with your syntax, it's really hard to follow. if you want to insult me, call me something other than a "wink." i don't know what that means. in any event, you should accept that there are people on this messageboard who have real world experience that contradicts what you are saying about warped records.
    Ok, I admit that I had been drinking a bit too much when writing my last post. My bad. I'm just pointing out that in order to warp a record, it does take a lot more than just the situation in which you put a record in a box and mail it to someone. Plus that records don't warp except when they're heated.
    I seldom try to insult anybody, I just find ironical statements about someone's usage of English a bit annoying. I use to chat to people of several countries, and in order to understand one another, you need to ehm.. compromise between strict syntaxis and intuitive language.

Sorry about my other tasteless remarks, I just find it hard to accept that the world is on a crash course thanks to the US nationalistic policies towards other countries. I can't take all that hypocrite bullshit, it's just too depressing.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Sorry about my other tasteless remarks, I just find it hard to accept that the world is on a crash course thanks to the US nationalistic policies towards other countries. I can't take all that hypocrite bullshit, it's just too depressing.

Jazoist, I'd hope you've been here long enough to know that most here strongly oppose our country's policies right now as well

But I also think whatever country you live in must have extremely mild temperatures if its that difficult to warp records... I've probably not even gotten 500 via mail but I'd guess over half of them probably got a light warp from shipping, and thats just from within the country. The only time I received a record unplayably warped via mail it was from the UK, and it was a double with both disks completely destroyed

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    on the warped topic, anyone ever go into fatbeats in nyc and on that wall with the scratch records and oldschool shit ALL the records are warped? I guess the sun comes right in there thru that window and bakes the shit out of them.

and i thought i was all slick and thought that at night i could take my vestax portable and hook it up to this cassete adapator in my car. well the one night i didnt take the records in and just left one on the platter and when i came up that shit looked like a bowl sitting on the turn. Lost a good lonnie liston smith joint that way.