Philly Phill Mexi-Coke Review

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Phill, I've had a few people contact me about scoring some Mexi-Coke as a result of our bet.Before I become a "Coke dealer" I was hoping you could...1) Let us know if the package arrived intactand 2) Give a review of the drink so these folks will know what they're getting.Thanks,Rich

Comments

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    While we are on big soda variations available in Texas...What about Dublin Dr. Pepper?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    While we are on big soda variations available in Texas...What about Dublin Dr. Pepper?

Absolutely....you can actually feel your teeth rotting as you drink it!!!

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Phill,
    I've had a few people contact me about scoring some Mexi-Coke as a result of our bet.

Before I become a "Coke dealer" I was hoping you could...

1) Let us know if the package arrived intact

Got it yesterday... man, you did a helluva job packing those bottles!

and

2) Give a review of the drink so these folks will know what they're getting.

SWEET! mmmmmmmm... yes, this is what coke is suppossed to taste like, dammit.

Thanks, hommie! We'll do it again for the x-mas game (yeahhhh... mexi-cokes and mexi-pepsis under my x-mas tree... the perfect way to bring in the '07 )

thanks again

Yo, Delic... I think I'm getting addicted to these sugar-loaded colas, mane. The mexi-pepsis > the mexi-cokes! I may need to re-up. Naw, I won't but I want to. I feel the effects on my gumline already.

Why can't they make sugar cane Cokes right here in the USA for those that may prefer them? You know there'd be a market for them.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Why can't they make sugar cane Cokes right here in the USA for those that may prefer them? You know there'd be a market for them.

They used to be sugar here... until they found out that bullshit factorymade sweetener was cheaper

The mexi-pepsis > the mexi-cokes!

Yeah....I like the Pepsi better and those bottles look like they were made in the 60's.

Your Eagles can win you some more in December but this time we might as well bet a case since the postage is so crazy.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Is there a place to buy this shit on-line? I can't find it anywhere.

They used to be sugar here... until they found out that bullshit factorymade sweetener was cheaper

Of course, but why not have a more expensive and exclusive version with the real schitt sugar? Give it a fancy name, whatever. I personally wouldn't buy them all the time, but every now and then it would be nice to be able to go down to the local Wawa and cop a REAL coke. I'm sure the bigwigs at Coca Cola must be aware that there are people in the US that fiend for the Mexican version... just come out with a new line, bottle a relatively small amount up and ship 'em out nationwide. Even at a buck more a bottle, or however much more, I think they'd have no problem selling them to long time caffeine addicted Coke drinkers all over the USA who miss the way that the soda used to taste.

Gotta go to the barrio and find a Bodega or Grocery Store that has them.....not even sure if they are imported here by Coke or smuggled in??

• I'm sick of thiss High Fructose Ish! RC Cola had a Draft Cola about 8 years ago made with pure cane sugar and man that ish was so good! I would start buying soda again if they used pure cane sugar fo real!!! but the cola industry is to cheap! The get the High Frutctose ish basically free and then they charge there water for more than the soda! NOW THAT SHIT GETS ME TILL THIS DAY!!! F#$%K!!! MAN I JUST GO INTO STARBUCKS AND ASK FOR A CUP OF WATER AND I'M STRAIGHT!!!

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

Quite a bit more expensive than what I find in San Diego, but may be worth it for people not close to the border. It really is that much better.
    http://store.drsoda.com/mexicancoke.html

Yeah....I like the Pepsi better and those bottles look like they were made in the 60's.

Speaking of that... any idea why the bottles look kind of weather-beaten, or like some stickers had been pulled off of them? I was almost wondering if those schitts were from the 60's!
    I noticed they looked like that when I saw the Cokes up on Ebay too.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Speaking of that... any idea why the bottles look kind of weather-beaten, or like some stickers had been pulled off of them? I was almost wondering if those schitts were from the 60's!

Which reminds me....I have like 40 empty bottles sittin' here at the house that I have to return to my local taqueria.

Herm

As far as I know in Mexico the bottles are returnable and re-used.....I believe there was years of re-use on that Pepsi bottle.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

As far as I know in Mexico the bottles are returnable and re-used.....I believe there was years of re-use on that Pepsi bottle.

Make sure y'all wipe the lip off before drinking!

Make sure y'all wipe the lip off before drinking!

Excuse me... i just threw my mexi-coke up in my mouth a little bit

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Yeah, the glass bottles are so valuable in Mexico that many vendors just sell soda in ziploc bags with a straw sticking out. That way they can keep the deposit.

Yeah, the glass bottles are so valuable in Mexico that many vendors just sell soda in ziploc bags with a straw sticking out. That way they can keep the deposit.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    reading this thread is making me want to do a search to rejuvenate that old Vernors thread that was running a while back.

there's nothing like soda nostalgia.

ordering a 24 pack of 8 oz. coke bottles at $30 + shipping is nuts.

it sounds like secret santa gifts this year could be an exchange of your local soda.........

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Gotta go to the barrio and find a Bodega or Grocery Store that has them.....not even sure if they are imported here by Coke or smuggled in??

There is a Mexican corner store 10 minutes from me. Might be kinda stranbge for a white boy like myself to blurt out "I'M LOOKING 4 MEXICAN COKE!"

There is a Mexican corner store 10 minutes from me. Might be kinda stranbge for a white boy like myself to blurt out "I'M LOOKING 4 MEXICAN COKE!"

Just look around...if they have it you should be able to find it pretty easily.

But if you do ask them and they don't speak English make sure you talk REALLY loud.....that helps them understand better.

I'm thinking that from here on out the prize to the monthly Trivia Q will be a bottle of Mexi-Coke or Pepsi!!