whatcha doin' b/w listening to?

2»

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    doing the same damn thing as before, but now the wonderful and beautiful No Man is an Island by The Van Dykes is playing...sigh

• doing the same damn thing as before, but now the wonderful and beautiful No Man is an Island by The Van Dykes is playing...sigh

Deep, deep tune.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Eating whole grain rotini w/sundried tomato alfredo sauce
    and listening to Darrell Banks Is Here! while catching
    up on some e-mails.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    watching penis pictures on SS and listening to Atahualpa Yupanqui.

• montymonty 420 Posts
    i can't do anything else but listen when i listen.

• Wilson Pickett "Im in Love" LP and trying to figure out why the fuck when I change my webpages on my remote server, the files have changed but the actual site isnt changed. FUCK!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Relaxing after sorting out the afterdrama of some friends having drunken fisticuffs at the weekend - listening to Norman Connors' Welcome.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Saw The Departed twice it was so good.

Organizing all of my Iraq news articles because I'm anal like that.

Listening to lots and lots of Soul right now, and have gotten up to the Impressions, which seems like the perfect sound I'm looking for right now.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Saw The Departed twice it was so good.

Organizing all of my Iraq news articles because I'm anal like that.

Listening to lots and lots of Soul right now, and have gotten up to the Impressions, which seems like the perfect sound I'm looking for right now.

RAD, I am looking forward to seeing The Departed this week. Glad to hear it was that good!

Soul is where it's at. Wonky jazz and Steely Dan get the gasface.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    cutting and pasting collages while listening to Dark Side of the Moon on repeat not stoned

p.s. i also enjoyed the Departed and was not expecting to

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    DUDE, DON'T YOU MEAN:

CUTTING AND PASTING COLLAGES WHILE TOTALLY STONED, BLASTING PINK FLOYD DARK SIDE WHEEEEEEEEEEE!

all this stoner talk is making me want to put on big lebowski and drink a vodka based drink

DRANK

IT

Yesterday I downloaded some fany samsung software and I edited down a little snippet of the instrumental of that new Lil Scrappy song and put it on my phone as the main ringtone. I also put on the beginning trance loop of "My Love" onto my phone as a special ringtone.

Technology rulez. Now if only I could get the bluetooth going on my computer, then I wouldn't need this fany usb schitt.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

HOLY PAKORA

I'm on my smoke session, 2AM style, listening to some folk rock
    Beau Brummels John Phillips High Flying Bird styles.

Typing up playlists, makes me feel like a data entry temp drone.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    doin

typin out playlists for on-line radio shows I recorded recently. so boring. dont we have technology that can figure out a song title by sampling a section of the song and analyzing it? I thought there was a service for this that existed where you called a number on your cell and held the phone to the speaker so the music would play through. you then got a text back saying whatever you were listening to....and for me it is.......

listenin

model 500

"deep space"

its been a while since I put the needle on this

• sneakypsneakyp 202 Posts
    sorry to pull up a tired thread but i've been bumping a couple spice 1 songs on my i-pod at work lately and one of my mexican co-workers has had them on rewind for the past few days. specifically 187 pure and Money Gone. Got off work early tonight and decided to make him a proper mix. pulled out my Spice 1 S/T lp and am in the process of digitizing. haven't given it a proper listen in years. i'm just getting to the end of side one and it's only gotten better with time. Money Gone used to be the one...i remember the first time i heard it i was on the way to a party, but i don't recall that i ever made it out of my friend's car. just sat there with the song on repeat.
    but here's one i slept on...i forgot about that reggae shit he used to do. can't wait to pull out 187 he wrote (assuming i can find it)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/j4hhsu

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I'm listening to The Left Banke's "I've Got Something On My Mind."

Over and over and over and over. Hope the upstairs neighbors don't mind.

This song is goddamn perfect. Just perfect. Get this now. Don't know if this was on a single.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Photo

Shop

Paste

Job.

Say: I just found out that The Folk Implosion's "Natural One" is just a sampled ripoff of The Left Banke's "I Haven't Got The Nerve." Am I the last Xer on earth to realize every single one of the pop/rock songs I considered catchy in high school were either wholly uninspired or sample-dependent bullshit?

(rhetorical question)

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    "DON'T GET AROUND MUCH ANTY-MORE!!!"[/b]

My goodness, that fucker could sing. Staying up way past my bedtime, cleaning my room, listening to Al Hibbler's Greatest Hits and getting my mind blown. Never again would a fake Cockney accent sound so cool coming from an American (an African-American, at that - and don't tell me about Tina Turner's, her English affectations during her '80s comeback sounded retarded).