I don't care

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
I don't care about raver fantasies.I don't care about The New Sound Of Paris (with all due respect to my boys.)I don't care about music to spray beer to.I don't care about making soft rock into club.I don't care about producers of the moment.I don't care about Lady Sovereign (does anyone?)I don't care about people who don't know it and never lived it trying to tell me about it.I don't care for faking the funk.What do you not care about?

Comments

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    i don't care about folks that bitch, hate, or talk shit.

i don't have the time for all that.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    I care about breaks

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I don't care what celebrities wear, eat, drink or who they fuck.

I don't care if anyone is gay.

I don't care who has beef with whom.

I don't care what people do with their money.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I don't care about new rave

I don't care whether hip hop is past it's golden era

I don't care about which parts of my music collection I'm supposed to enjoy ironically and which parts are deemed "cool"

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

I don't care about The New Sound Of Paris (with all due respect to my boys.)

really? I think i'm feelin this stuff ???

feels fresh.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    I don't care that I dont know how to post a pic on the 'strut. If I DID care, I'd be bummed about that fact that I can't post a pic of The Audio Two record "I Dont Care". But I dont care. So there.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I don't care about The New Sound Of Paris (with all due respect to my boys.)

really? I think i'm feelin this stuff ???

feels fresh.

Nah some of it is cool man but as a whole I think it's like whatever.

The Latin sounding track J Rock plays on that mix that is at 25:10 is something I care about though, I would care to know what it is.

I don't care that I dont know how to post a pic on the 'strut. If I DID care, I'd be bummed about that fact that I can't post a pic of The Audio Two record "I Dont Care". But I dont care. So there.

Nah some of it is cool man but as a whole I think it's like whatever.

I dont care about trendy regional/international sounds.
    (Except B-more club, baile funk, new paris electro, snap, hyphy and turkish reggae!)

• don't care if she's your girlfriend.

i don't care if she's your sister.

i don't care if she's your auntie.

i don't care if she's your mama.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

"I don't care about you! Fuck You!"

I think it would be easier to sum up what I DO care about these days. There is simply so much to not care about.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I care about breaks
    thanks for making me spit out some of my sandwich

I've been told by several people that I don't care.

• I don't care about limited edition, premium priced anything.

• I don't care about baille-anything.
    I don't care about hipster-fuckface playlists or pitchfork reviews.
    I don't care about hiphop producers that were producing minimal techno 2 years ago or anything random techno-rap related.
    I don't care how many myspace freinds it takes to chop and screw the latest bounce rapper that I never heard.
    I don't care about nike co-lab or bandanas or straight caps or anything with white on white (unless it is a crime)
    I don't care about Steely Dan or Tupac or Biggie.

• I don't care about new rave

As in Klaxons and Shitdosco?
    Im loving those two groups. But the new rave image is a bit sad.
    I should have been seeing the Klaxons and Shitdisco tonite but dure to illness Im here at home on Soul Strut when I should be stumbling out of the gig right about now.

• I don't care about Steely Dan or Tupac or Biggie.

Take it back.

• hahah.
    sayin'

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I don't care about the personal problems that keep people from handling their business.

• whoOoooo
    sssssssssnap!

I should have been seeing the Klaxons and Shitdisco tonite but dure to illness Im here at home on Soul Strut when I should be stumbling out of the gig right about now.

To be honest I haven't even heard the groups. I just really don't care for the media's insistence on linking it all to a scene that I enjoyed immensely the first time round but found had come to a natural end. I suppose I now know what my parents felt when Britpop arrived.

Oh yeah I should also mention that I don't care that I'm posting on a message board at 11.45 on a Friday night while my girlfriend works a night shift. I will, however, care if this responsible behaviour isn't rewarded with a lot of alcohol tomorrow.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I don't care about your NA meeting

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I tried to no longer care for spacemoose, but the truth is I just can't quit him

• I don't care about new rave

To be honest I haven't even heard the groups. I just really don't care for the media's insistence on linking it all to a scene that I enjoyed immensely the first time round but found had come to a natural end. I suppose I now know what my parents felt when Britpop arrived.

Yeah when my friends first stated going on about new rave I thought they were taking the piss, and then when I heard so called new rave and it sounded nothing like rave things seemed even more of a joke.
    Out of all the new rave band the only one I think are slightly rave like are the Klaxons but to me its just art house pop/rock with a few sirens . They do a few covers of rave stuff like Grace/Not over (I thought this was a pop song myself) and a few other commercial dance tracks that were shit at the time and I honesty prefer the Klaxons updated version.

Here???s a link to the new Klaxons track:

Tell me what you think?

KLAXONS!!!

(just played this video for the first time myself and this tune is a little different now its been released. Its had a 4/4 dance beat added in the background that wasn't there on the previous version. This has obviously been added to make it a little more 'ravey' but its wrecked the song.)

• I don't care about downtown scenester party bullshit.

I don't care about all over print hoodies.

I don't care how many throw-ups you got, when your whole style is chump.

I don't care about how many drugs you've done or how fucked up you get.

I don't care if your in art school.

I don't care if you make beats on your computer.

I don't care about staying in on the weekends.

I don't care about your rims when they cost more than your car.

I don't care about the Yankees, A-dud is dead to me.

• I don't care about Lady Sovereign (does anyone?)

no-one in the UK does. She bombed. About 2 years ago. They're trying to re-market her suckness to the rest of the world.

I don't care that I just wasted even more of my life on the internet typing this out.

• I don't care about Lady Sovereign (does anyone?)

no-one in the UK does. She bombed. About 2 years ago. They're trying to re-market her suckness to the rest of the world.

I don't care that I just wasted even more of my life on the internet typing this out.

Its weird with all the press she???s (and its been a lot) I had never actually heard one of her tunes until I had the misfortune of hittin a myspace page that had one of her tunes playing. Awful it was.

Yeah when my friends first stated going on about new rave I thought they were taking the piss, and then when I heard so called new rave and it sounded nothing like rave things seemed even more of a joke.
    Out of all the new rave band the only one I think are slightly rave like are the Klaxons but to me its just art house pop/rock with a few sirens . They do a few covers of rave stuff like Grace/Not over (I thought this was a pop song myself) and a few other commercial dance tracks that were shit at the time and I honesty prefer the Klaxons updated version.

Here???s a link to the new Klaxons track:

Tell me what you think?

KLAXONS!!!

(just played this video for the first time myself and this tune is a little different now its been released. Its had a 4/4 dance beat added in the background that wasn't there on the previous version. This has obviously been added to make it a little more 'ravey' but its wrecked the song.)

Yeah sounds like okish pop/rock though I'm self confessedly shit at recognising talent in this area. To be honest the only thing that I really related to rave with that were the tie dye hoodies which brings back all kinds of nasty memories.

Mind you maybe this is what the term is realting to more than the actual musical content as I remember going to self titled raves when the music was hardcore, jungle, drum & bass, techno and house. All it meant back in the day was that it was going to be loud dance music, dust masks were optional and, more than likely, it was illegal. And most of all it was about dancing your tits off and having fun.

Man, just realised how old I fucking sound, I think I should just go back to not caring.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i love i need a boss - shareefa/luda, i don't care!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey AI,

I don't care about:

1. people with weak minds.
    2. the current administration.
    3. superficiality.
    4. dogmatic people.
    5. racists.
    6. sexists.
    7. rude (and/or drunk) drivers.
    8. wack MC's.
    9. wimpy-ass beats.
    10. arrogance.
    11. reality TV.
    12. what Brad and Angela are doing.
    13. what people think.
    14. insecurity.
    15. so-called men who don't take care of their families and kids.
    16. cronyism.
    17. exploitation of student athletes (make sure cats learn as well as score touchdowns, baskets, etc.).
    18. those who suppport the current U.S. apartheid system of public education.
    19. maintaining the social stratification that persists in the U.S.
    20. pedophiles.
    21. those who can't take constructive criticism.
    22. the focus on gaining credentials (versus learning) among university students these days.
    23. college administrators who place the dollar ahead of student achievement and success.
    24. those who ignore the dumbing down of the U.S.
    25. those who have begrudge higher learning.
    26. xenophobes.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• I don't care who's on the cover of what.

I don't care who is gay; in the words of DJ Hazard, "you cannot imagine the imensity of the size of the fuck that I DO NOT GIVE."

I don't care what T.O. does.

I don't care who hosts your nightly news; i still won't watch.

I don't care what the president or any of his folls say; I still won't respect them.

I don't care who you marry, so long as you love them. Or at least fake it well.

I only care when you try to disgrace the constituion with that shit.