Options

OK, I like Bob Marley now

13»

Comments

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I heard Ross Hogg hates Bob Marley.

No, no...Bob Farley. Dude owes me 20 bucks.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    aahahahahahaha

• tsotso 39 Posts
    I'm going to see Lee 'Scratch' Perry & The Robotniks band, with Mad Professor live on saturday

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I'm going to see Lee 'Scratch' Perry & The Robotniks band, with Mad Professor live on saturday

Lee "Scratch" Perry's alright, but if he could play more instruments and was better at sampling i might like him more - he should try layering some nice Boz Scaggs New York drums over his tracks.

• tsotso 39 Posts
    Lee "Scratch" Perry's alright, but if he could play more instruments and was better at sampling i might like him more - he should try layering some nice Boz Scaggs New York drums over his tracks.

yeah I know. All that echo and reverb sound so dated, why not come up with something new and innovative.

• Options
    Sparky,

Cool your uneducated self unless you feel for getting sonned (I'll buy you a 3-stick fun dip to make up).

Has someone ever arranged the Trojan catalogue better? Yes. Many have. I'd wager I'd school dude on many facets myself.

K in Canada.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Sparky,

Cool your uneducated self unless you feel for getting sonned (I'll buy you a 3-stick fun dip to make up).

Has someone ever arranged the Trojan catalogue better? Yes. Many have. I'd wager I'd school dude on many facets myself.

K in Canada.

Cool it, folks: "el sparko" is kidding. It's just a joke on you dudes with white gloves and numbers on your records.

• Options
    I don't even own white pants (though I like Connie's "Funky Little Beat" and Nice and Smooth's "Diamond Girl" and have cruised in a Camaro with dudes in tassled shoes) yet alone white gloves and while I know most of my records are within an hours' reach, they are far from numbered.

Older than 5, K.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Oh, and: have y'all heard the "Complete JAD Sessions" box? Even though we've heard most of Marley's earliest tracks over and over, there are a few extra tracks and additional versions that I'd never heard.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I don't even own white pants (though I like Connie's "Funky Little Beat" and Nice and Smooth's "Diamond Girl" and have cruised in a Camaro with dudes in tassled shoes) yet alone white gloves and while I know most of my records are within an hours' reach, they are far from numbered.

Older than 5, K.

Heh. Imma get me a whole white suit one of these days. THEN they'll know who's boss.

• Options
    O there are a few extra tracks and additional versions that I'd[/b] never heard.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    they still make Fun Dip?!?!

When there are 3 sticks, you can eat one outright without any guilt!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    O there are a few extra tracks and additional versions that I'd[/b] never heard.

White suit, buddy. White fucking suit.

• Options

Older than 5, K.

Heh. Imma get me a whole white suit one of these days. THEN they'll know who's boss.

How b'out a shaker-knit pink sweater that dips dip into a V, some black cotton pants with those little white bits in them and some gel f-ruuuuulllllle. I have rocker and gino knowledge fe days.

K.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Older than 5, K.

How b'out a shaker-knit pink sweater that dips dip into a V, some black cotton pants with those little white bits in them and some gel f-ruuuuulllllle. I have rocker and gino knowledge fe days.

K.

• Options
    they still make Fun Dip?!?!

When there are 3 sticks, you can eat one outright without any guilt!

It makes the (unhardened) powder obsolete. Quickly peel off the the third and calmly claim "2-stick only" to the girlfriend. Calmly.

Shhhh, K.

• Options

Older than 5, K.

K.

I don't think that guy is schooling anyone in the quarter mile of life.

K.g no?

• Options
    "el sparko" is just a joke

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

I don't think that guy is schooling anyone in the quarter mile of life.

K.g no?

I've seen this guy in a natty white suit but this is the closest I could find.

The cane adds a certain gravitas.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts

You're a joke, there will be no "sonning" of me i'm afraid. No way i'm getting "sonned" by the type of person who pulls out a random record with a geeky guy on the cover and then praising it like the whole world are fools for sleeping on it, before the sycophants all go "yeah, that's DOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
    No way i'm being "sonned" by someone still on breast milk.

Sorry about the anger, but to even suggest you can make better music than Madlib on the Trojan Bombshelter album is a JOKE, post some audio before voicing an opinion, Madlib will murk you on the keys, on the kicks and snare, on the flute, on the piano, on samples, on percussion. Whatever, you name it....

Don't act like you're above me or Madlib, because neither is tree.

Peace to all my supporters on here, i know you guys can feel the realness.
    Like Dj Premier said on that Common chorus "Vick-Vick-Vicka-This is rap for real, something you feel"....

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

You're a joke, there will be no "sonning" of me i'm afraid. No way i'm getting "sonned" by the type of person who pulls out a random record with a geeky guy on the cover and then praising it like the whole world are fools for sleeping on it, before the sycophants all go "yeah, that's DOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Sorry about the anger, but to even suggest you can make better music than Madlib on the Trojan Bombshelter album is a JOKE, post some audio before voicing an opinion, Madlib will murk you on the keys, on the kicks and snare, on the flute, on the piano, on samples, on percussion. Whatever, you name it....

Like Dj Premier said on that Common chorus "Vick-Vick-Vicka-This is rap for real, something you feel"....

You are Too Much For The Human Heart.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

yes...peace to all those who feel this realness.

• "el sparko" is just a joke

You are a clown. Madlib would probably even be like "whoa man, calm down, i appreciate your fanaticism and all but.... ride a dick that deserves it".

And to say that people bugging out over albums or whatnot just "because" or something, again proves how out of touch with any of the things this board (at its root) represents, and the never ending quest to be touched by MUSIC, not just a good 15 seconds on an intro to some CTI joint or what have you. Just because YOU, the worlds biggest Madlib fan, havent heard of something doesnt mean its irrelevant. How would you know, yer too busy rediscovering Madlibs Rhodes tinkling again, and again, and again. I mean, i dont see how someone is SOOOO touched by this guys stoner ramblings. Its cool and all, but i hardly find it to be an intimate excursion. Im sure one day you will be like, "damn, i used to herb myself bigtime a few years ago, i should have been checking these Strata East joints since forever... Especiallly the time i said Madlib was the greatest thing in Jazz". You need to meet some older dudes that are down to school you. Thats the problem nowadays. Kids rely on the internet and shit for music and info. Gone i suppose are the days, of kicking it with the older dudes in your neighborhood dudes, who are hipping you to the real. Taking you from Kid N Play to Big Daddy Kane. Kiss to Sonic Youth or whatever. Im really not trying to be salty, i just think you should really get a point of reference before popping off.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

That has to be one of the unnamable east-coasters.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Please Rey, do not affiliate him with the East Coast...It's not a coastal thing. Stupidity can be East, West, South, or North. And he would be from Russia, i wouldn't care either. Such opinions are not to be taken seriously and in any way shape or form involved in any kind of "music discussion"...

His shit was straight pollution, Stanley-Crouch type of shit...I rarely express my disgust, but devaluate the power of such a beautiful repertoire is so disrespectful. It's even a disrespect us, the readers. Shit hurted my eyes. I almost chocke on a bretzel.

Ban him...shyt. You deserve some dictatorship.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Please Rey, do not affiliate him with the East Coast...It's not a costal thing. Stupidity can be East, West, South, or North. And he would be from Russia, i wouldn't care either. Such opinions are not to be taken seriously and in any way shape or form involved in any kind of "music discussion"...

His shit was straight pollution, Stanley-Crouch type of shit...I rarely express my disgust, but devaluate he power of such a beautiful repertoire is so disrespectful. It's even a disrespect us, the readers. Shit hurted my eyes. I almost chicke on a bretzel.

He must learn the ways of the Dark side.

• "el sparko" is just a joke

Sorry about the anger, but to even suggest you can make better music than Madlib on the Trojan Bombshelter album is a JOKE, post some audio before voicing an opinion,

hey jerk off- I beleive that this has been said already, but madlib did not make that music. It is a mix cd OF OTHER PEOPLES MUSIC (and his dj skills kind of suck).

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts

Ease off on the powertrip homes... I've taken part in the latest digs threads, and the last secret santa on here. Allow me the chance to express what i feel on here, it's only an opinion, simply disagreeing isn't reason to tell mommy to "make the scary man go away".
    For the record Batmon knows the deal, me and him been hollering back and forth on the PMs since he was knee-high to a grasshopper.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Please Rey, do not affiliate him with the East Coast...It's not a coastal thing. Stupidity can be East, West, South, or North.

I am of the opinion that he is joking and doing so from a location on the East Coast. I formed this opinion based on the poster's writing style (form), independent of the content of the post.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    I almost chocke on a bretzel.