ebay shit that I don't understand

GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
I've received the same e-mail a couple of times now. It appears to be a message from an ebay member. Sender is [email]member@ebay.com[/email] but when I login to my account there's no new messages in my inbox. This is the e-mail I get........................................................Item: Sony DCR-DVD105 DVD CAMCORDER DELUXE KIT + MORE $$$ (130002194199) This message was sent while the listing was active. scmcquade is the seller. Send me the name and address so I can send the item to you. I received the money and I will look for your details asap. Thank you !!! Regards, scmcquade .............................................................................. I've never even searched for a camcorder on ebay. In the e-mail it says that member scmcquade has 45363 feedbacks but when I search for the member on ebay he only appears to have 19.What's the deal with this? How could they scam me only with my adresse info?

Comments

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    forward it to [email]spam@ebay.com[/email]

• schoggischoggi 298 Posts
    yesterday i received this message from [email]aw-confirm@ebay.com[/email] !
    the user exists, i put *** to hide his real name...
    all "they" wanted is that i feel scared and use quickly their fake link to Log-In on MyEbay, check My Messages...

*****************************************************************************

eBay sent thismessage from L**** M**** (okemmagrl).
    Your registered name is included toshow this message originated from eBay.
    Learnmore.

Question from eBayMember

eBay sent this message on behalf of an eBay member via My
    Messages.Responses sent using email will not reach the eBay member.

Question from okemmagrl

I'm still waiting the package to arrive What happened? Please mail me ASAP[/b]

Respond to this question in My Messages.

Thank you,eBay!
    http://www.ebay.com/

*******************************************************************************

bastards

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Let's get this straight once and for all:

ANY MESSAGE FROM EBAY WILL APPEAR ON YOUR "MY EBAY" PAGE.

IF IT IS NOT THERE, IT IS NOT REAL. THAT'S IT. GAME OVER.

• I'm amazed that people are still shocked when they get spam disguised as mail from places they go to online. ...

• I got a phishing email from a fake paypal recently. It said that if I didn't update my info they would suspend my account. So I wen't to their log in page which is of course fake as fuck with a jacked up url and typed in "suck my dick" as a log in and lick my balls as a password. It took me to the next page which prompted me to update my info, credit card #, etc. I'm sure people fall for it all the time.