It's Official No Austin Record Show in Spring '07

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
For those of you who were planning on making the ARC this coming Spring.....It's been cancelled.Announcement is at the official ARC website.This sucks!!Is there a WFMU Show in the Spring???

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    For those of you who were planning on making the ARC this coming Spring.....It's been cancelled.

Where will Archaic challenge people to fishfights now?

• GOOD! IT NEEDS TO BE PUT TO BED. WHAT A COLOSSAL WASTE OF TIME!

• fishfights

at Project Blow[fish]ed shows.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    fishfights

at Project Blow[fish]ed shows.

I'll swab the deck with ya...

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    kinda crazy to cancel just because the new owner is doing some construction. I wonder why Doug didn't decide to just do a relocation for 1 show only. Too bad........

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    some southXsouthwest vinyl event is overdue

FOS make it happen !!!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

FOS make it happen !!!

FOS make it happen !!!

FOS make it happen !!!

there's plenty of other spots to host the show other crachety crockett center.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts

FOS make it happen !!!

FOS make it happen !!!

FOS make it happen !!!

there really are soooo many more locations ain't there....

and he really does need to get it back aligned with the SXSW fest. Apparently record dealers complained that when the two events were aligned, they couldn't get hotel rooms. I think that they were more afraid of competing with Elijah Wood and others for records.

• some southXsouthwest vinyl event is overdue

FOS make it happen !!!

FOS make it happen !!!

FOS make it happen !!!

there really are soooo many more locations ain't there....

and he really does need to get it back aligned with the SXSW fest. Apparently record dealers complained that when the two events were aligned, they couldn't get hotel rooms. I think that they were more afraid of competing with Elijah Wood and others for records.

As someone who 1) was planning on making the trip this spring (and who, b/c of work, can't make the fall this year or for the forseeable future) and 2) Who wanted to avoid the craziness and Music Industry-ness of SXSW, if something was organized for the original ARC weekend, or somewhere there abouts, I would come.

Not saying, 'hey, throw me a party!' But, if you're gauging interest on those who might travel (boston), here is 1 YEA vote.