New Jay-Z?

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
As a student from the School of Real Schitt, you know I'm feeling this one. Bring the hate batches.

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Uggh! I rather just listen to PE! If he's going to come back he needs to come up with something better than another song about how great he is. Dude....you're Beyonce's bitch!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    As a student from the School of Real Schitt.

You missed a couple of classes then.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Was that the class where they teach you how to lace your Kermit kicks?

I'm not talking about his verses, I'm talking about the beat.
    I don't know about YOO, but I'm with hearing Shaft in Africa on the radio.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

Oh yea, beats good and I'm be playing this for the ladies, but his raps bore me even if they can be technically "good".

Both are trash. You said bring the hatt.

If hearing Shaft In Africa on the radio wets your whistle, DO YOO.

Shit sounds like a Vegas show.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    lyrics are trash!

• Day I'm with you - it's a hot track. Samples for the heads, raps for the ladies, just an overall solid banger. Not sure what everyone's problem is about this.

Just Blaze - 1
    Soulstrut Hatters - 0

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    this definitely sounds like your type of shit, day. thanks for the track. good looks to the dwg dudes too.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Not sure what everyone's problem is about this.

I'm not really mad at it, but my problem is the arrangement--it's very spastic and doesn't settle into a groove for more than a few bars at a time before going into a flashy and distracting breakdown. If Blaze had let the basic groove do the heavy lifting and used all those flourishes a little more sparingly to keep things interesting, I'd be more into it.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Haz from that thread:

The beat sounds like it was produced by Paul Shaffer.

Comedy - you all are gonna ruin the song for me! I can see what you guys are saying, but for real, I'd much rather hear damn near ANYBODY rapping over this than a lot of stuff that's out. Giving a nod to the past while keeping shit current is how it's supposed to be

Giving a nod to the past while keeping shit current is how it's supposed to be

"Supposed to be"

You can like it Day. We'll see if it stands the test of time.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I forgot to add "IMO". I'm not saying the shit is mindblowing, but it's good to hear beats like this on the radio.

ya estuvo.

I forgot to add "IMO". I'm not saying the shit is mindblowing, but it's good to hear beats like this on the radio.

True for the radio, but u did say u were "feelin this REAL Schitt".

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Like this?

Plaese to remind me what break this is. Southern Hip Hop, synths and keyboards are causing my memory to fail.

Herm

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Plaese to remind me what break this is.
    Hot Wheels (The Chase) from the Gordon's War OST.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Plaese to remind me what break this is.
    Hot Wheels (The Chase) from the Gordon's War OST.

Thanks!!!

Herm

• imo
    this is not the shit you wanna get back in the game with, the beat is average...ummm....just has done much better.

timberland is needed right about now.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    I DON'T KNOW IF YOU NOTICED IT BUT THIS WAS BEAT WAS DONE BEORE...

This isn???t the first time that samples of these two songs where combined. The first time these two songs where combined in the form of sampling was 1989 on a song called ???Soul Food??? by Philadelphias famous Tuff Crew on their legendary LP ???Back to Wreck Shop???.
    That song is a pure instrumental track with dope cuts by legendary DJ Too Tuff. You can check the track ???Soul Food??? on DJ Too Tuffs myspace page (http://www.myspace.com/djtootuff ).

DJ Too Tuff is currently serving 6 - 22 months at Curran-Fromhold Correction Facility in Philadelphia.

Go to his myspace page and give him some hope by showing a great DJ and a big influence to a lot of DJ's some respect where it's due !!!!!!!!!

Peace
    Hawkeye

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts

This isn???t the first time that samples of these two songs where combined. The first time these two songs where combined in the form of sampling was 1989 on a song called ???Soul Food??? by Philadelphias famous Tuff Crew on their legendary LP ???Back to Wreck Shop???.
    That song is a pure instrumental track with dope cuts by legendary DJ Too Tuff. You can check the track ???Soul Food??? on DJ Too Tuffs myspace page (http://www.myspace.com/djtootuff ).

DJ Too Tuff is currently serving 6 - 22 months at Curran-Fromhold Correction Facility in Philadelphia.

Go to his myspace page and give him some hope by showing a great DJ and a big influence to a lot of DJ's some respect where it's due !!!!!!!!!

Peace
    Hawkeye

nice to know
    can't check audio right now
    but i'm suspecting the mastering etc. isn't up to '06 standards ?

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

Peace
    Hawkeye

that sucks, we were just hanging out with him a few months ago

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    i'm suspecting the mastering etc. isn't up to '06 standards ?

If DJ Too Tuff would have one of these

maybe the mastering would be up to date.

But maybe you just put a waves L3 on it and thats it.

Peace
    Hawkeye