First Jay-Z Single

2»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Leave it to Jay-Z to assume that pulling an all-too-obviously fake retirement scheme would further endear fans to him.

Ah, the air is fetid with the scent of little dudes this Friday afternoon.

Yes, lover of Justin Timberlake...maybe one day we'll grow up to be just like you.

It seems unlikely, but you little dudes can dream.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

back to the new Jay song ...i think it's ok. Until the live instrumentation towards the end
    It gets a little vegas.

• Don't forget that the first single from The Black Album was the absymal "Change Clothes". I'm holding out hope for the album.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    Don't forget that the first single from The Black Album was the absymal "Change Clothes". I'm holding out hope for the album.

see i liked that song - and Snoop's "Beautiful" and Pharell's"frontin". If you like one- you like them all.

I'm also holding out hope for the record. Poor Nas.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

back to the new Jay song ...i think it's ok. Until the live instrumentation towards the end
    It gets a little vegas.

I think the beat is crazy! I guess it does get a little vegas at the end, but i think its over the top in a good way for the most part.

Hov's verses were straight, his hook was type weak, but overall nice effort! Im feeling this shit.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

the question is what do YOU think? after all, you are king of the poptarts and the other poptarts will have absolutely no idea what to think until after you have spoken on this

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Beat is nice but the verses are severely lacking.

"Mike Jordan of recording"

• I just finished a beat which uses "Chief Kamanawannalaya" and now Beck used that shit in his new single. At least I know I'm doing SOMETHING right... This seems to happen a lot with me. Does this happen to anyone else?

After playing it at gigs all year, I dropped Latin Blues Band "I'll Be A Happy Man" at ModChicago this summer, about a month before Christina's "Ain't No Other Man" leaked. Tastemaking ain't easy.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Johnny Pate - Shaft in Africa - My personal fav. break of all time.

Shaft in Africa is without question the greatest break of all time

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    that beat is noice as hell. I likes.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

This song is wack. The beat sounds like it was produced by Paul Shaffer.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

This song is wack. The beat sounds like it was produced by Paul Shaffer.

LOL! Thunder Bay Ontario, Holla!!!!!!!!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts

Nothing wrong with that at all.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    I DON'T KNOW IF YOU NOTICED IT BUT THIS WAS BEAT WAS DONE BEORE...

This isn???t the first time that samples of these two songs where combined. The first time these two songs where combined in the form of sampling was 1989 on a song called ???Soul Food??? by Philadelphias famous Tuff Crew on their legendary LP ???Back to Wreck Shop???.
    That song is a pure instrumental track with dope cuts by legendary DJ Too Tuff. You can check the track ???Soul Food??? on DJ Too Tuffs myspace page (http://www.myspace.com/djtootuff ).

DJ Too Tuff is currently serving 6 - 22 months at Curran-Fromhold Correction Facility in Philadelphia.

Go to his myspace page and give him some hope by showing a great DJ and a big influence to a lot of DJ's some respect where it's due !!!!!!!!!

Peace
    Hawkeye