Holy Grails of Video Games - Raer!

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/raregames.htmShit, I remember playing Atlantis II at a friends house.

Comments

• I thought this was going to be about "chase the chuckwagon"...

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    I played in the 1990 Nintendo World Championships. It was held at Universal Studios Hollywood. I even won...... kept winning in fact, up to having to play against the other winners of the day. Thats where I got my ass handed to me. It was still fun though, and I remember them having this huge tent where you could test the new video game titles on Nintendo that wouldn't come out till the next year. That was a memorable birthday.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I played in the 1990 Nintendo World Championships. It was held at Universal Studios Hollywood. I even won...... kept winning in fact, up to having to play against the other winners of the day. Thats where I got my ass handed to me. It was still fun though, and I remember them having this huge tent where you could test the new video game titles on Nintendo that wouldn't come out till the next year. That was a memorable birthday.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    One of my good friends had a cool video game find at a thrift store. He found a black leather case with about 7 x-rated Atari games in it. My friend already had an old school Atari at his house, so he called his friends all over and we played "beat em and eat em" "Custer's Revenge" and "burning desire" and laughed.

A couple of them are here http://seanbaby.com/nes/naughty.htm

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Metal Slug RULES!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

like records, very few of those most valuable games are any good or just are weird variants of common classics.

i've always wanted to play Psychic Killer Taromaru.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    "This literally golden game is not the world's most rare, and it's price may not even be the highest...but gamers everywhere know very well of it's existence. And now, there is absolutely no denying: it's desire is furious, it's demand is unmatched, and the determination of gamers everywhere to possess this most holy of grails, is a dream-induced phenomenon."

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    dag thats crazy
    i had that air raid joint but i have no idea where its at

• I while ago I was rummaging around the net trying to find what a good price to pay for a powerglove was and found some site where you can buy ones refurbished to act as midi controllers. Site looked a little iffy so I didnt cop but that would be some baller shit right there. Just stroll up in the studio throw the keyboard to the floor and thrust your hitherto concealed powerglove adorned hand into the air on some he-man steez.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    that was a cool read, thanks for posting it

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Good post.

I remember checking out this crazy raer retro-gaming shop in Tokyo called Super Potato Man[/b] that had a gold cartridge of Mega Man 4 (known as Rockman in Japan) for the low low price of $5000[/b]. It said that only 4 are known to exist. like what.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Metal Slug RULES!

I still can't believe how much Neo Geo games still go for. Pound for Pound I still think that's the best system ever made.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Metal Slug RULES!

I still can't believe how much Neo Geo games still go for. Pound for Pound I still think that's the best system ever made.

Samurai Showdown was also :Hard as F:

• Baseball Stars for Neo Geo is the best baseball game I ever played on a home system.