MY S*ERATO FUCKED UP DURING MY SET....

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
FUCK.About 90 minutes into my 2 hours and the music just stopped and the USB light was flashing on RED. My notebook temp was only 26 degrees which is pretty normal. So I unplugged and replugged didn't work. Then I played a CD, changed the USB cable and shit seemed to work?? tho I let the CD play out and got the other DJ to cover for me.The moral of this story is always bring a spare USB cable. I just hope to fuck that shit works tonight or I'ma be playing CDs all night. I'm off to the club to test it out now.Anyone else have this shit happen to them. Thank god I was playing in a small room last night with about 50 people and they didn't give a shit really, actually it was weird, they didn't even realize the music stopped cuz the music in the main room was pumping through the walls... weird...peace.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

The moral of this story is always bring a spare USB cable set of vinyl records.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    *knocks on wood*

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

The moral of this story is always bring a spare USB cable set of vinyl records.

Excess baggage is a bitch, and for a 3 hour set, 3 times a week for 4 months. Thats gunna be a lot of records, and a lot of those are records that I don't have or want to own (anyone got 300 extra AV8 records lying around?)...

But you're right, this proves the fact that vinyl will always be the king of DJing.

Microwave is great, but this kinda left me stunned. I will put the backup mix CD in the player tonight 100%!!

peace.

• snosno 332 Posts
    Apart from the USB cable, keep an eye out for the electric socket where you plug your computer. Beware of suspect powerstrips. Last time we played at Taiwan the electricity on stage was so damn dirty it fucked up all our USB controllers (Trigger Finger and Oxygen 8).

In any case, good luck with your show tonight and have a great mid autumn festival! I'm bouncing out of work now (of which Kenny already have done I presume).

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I have been using Microwave for a week now, still brand new to it. I have seen everyone I know who has it mess up at some point. Mine did tonight! I don't know why I have no idea at all. Luckily it was the 2nd to last song of the night. I did have back up vinyl. Mine stopped playing and froze up. I couldn't click or change anything. After ten minutes it worked just fine!!!! I deleted the file anyway. Anyone know why this happened? That's why microwave is wack. I love it and hate it at the same time. Kinda like girls!!!!

• I have been using Microwave for a week now, still brand new to it. I have seen everyone I know who has it mess up at some point. Mine did tonight! I don't know why I have no idea at all. Luckily it was the 2nd to last song of the night. I did have back up vinyl. Mine stopped playing and froze up. I couldn't click or change anything. After ten minutes it worked just fine!!!! I deleted the file anyway. Anyone know why this happened? That's why microwave is wack. I love it and hate it at the same time. Kinda like girls!!!!

you probably had a corrupt mp3 file. make sure to build overviews for EVERY song you intend to play out.

as for dj sheep, i think you should always carry a spare usb cable, because other than corrupt files, that is always the culprit when Microwave screws up. bad grounding wires can cause problems too, but you know ahead of time if thats gonna be an issue.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    word.. with dildo, you gotta be mad anal. i carry spare everything, a 30 min set of wax, spare usb cable, spare rca cable, and a spare set of control records (when that shit gets durty in the heat of battle, its the biggest ).

dildo froze on me once so i started carring an extra set of batteries.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    word.. with dildo, you gotta be mad anal.

A to the Yo!

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

A to the Yo!

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

A to the Yo!

• Raise the buffer on the set up screen when your usb light starts showing up yellow or red. I usually have mine set on ten but will move it over to fifteen. Make sure to hit "apply" once you have done that.

My dildo problem story had me with on stage with an MC. It started to go backwards. I figured out it was a grounding issue.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

My dildo problem story had me with on stage with an MC.

sounds like a personal problem.

btw what is dildo really mean? It took me like a week to figure microwave in a few posts.