Stealing records....Little Piece Of S%*T

OldschoolspinnaOldschoolspinna 311 Posts
edited March 2016 in Record Collecting
Open letter to person stealing records.I hope this letter finds the person that stole a BIG STACK of dope older hip hop lps from "Savers", in san jose, ca.You little half assed Piece of shit, Wu Tang? Heavy D and the boys? TRIBE??Did you have to leave the covers for people to find?You have got to be one of the lowest forms of digger life there is.Pray I dont see you snagging records......Ill beat you with an Ironing Board from the "Housewares" isle.I hope you get caught and tossed into jail for 10 bucks worth of lps.I gave all the empty sleeves you left to the manager.Good luck ganking anymore dope lps.P.S. Eat My Ass.

Comments

• that avatar goes so well with this first post... congrats, man!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Possibly best first post ever?

• chrischris 287 Posts
    is it possible that that is the way they were donated in the first place?
    i run across personal collections all the time where the record is missing from the sleeve (especially with hip-hop) and it's not because the record was stolen, it's just that they got seperated somewhere along the line.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    it is possible that that is the way they were donated in the first place

I mean it is a thrift shop. You know, one step above the landfill. are we gonna start bitching about thrift records being less than mint now? If so, who can I complain to? I want it.

• I mean it is a thrift shop. You know, one step above the landfill. are we gonna start bitching about thrift records being less than mint now? If so, who can I complain to? I want it.

Jeff, just admit it... you jacked those records (we all know you're fiending for golden era hip hop right now after finding that Main Source LP)

• I mean it is a thrift shop. You know, one step above the landfill. are we gonna start bitching about thrift records being less than mint now? If so, who can I complain to? I want it.

Naw man...I dug all over looking for the missing lps...no luck.

Thank on it a bit....even the DUMBEST thrift store stocker can see a record is missing from a plain white or black sleeve, wit a big hole in the middle to show the label, not to mention it was ONLY older hip hop.

I wasnt looking for dj gold in the dollar bin stacks at Savers.
    Beat records are the norm thang there.

P.S its still (My Ass that is)
    EaT It Ya ReCoRd StEaLiN PuKe

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    it is possible that that is the way they were donated in the first place

It does happen accidently sometimes, but I think it's pretty safe to say that if there's a gang of related records, with sleeves and no records they've been ganked some idiot wannabe.

It happens to me a lot, all you can really do is let the shop know, and be legit yourself. I still get angry though! Who the hell rips off a thrift shop anyway?

Are you guys serious? I don't know what kinda thrift shops you all go to, but the ones I buy records at will put out anything. sleevelss records, empty sleeves, broken shards of records, calanders that are the size of records, laser discs, mouldy records that are total biohazards, etc, etc. I mean, dudes, if you don't need to come home and take a bath after digging a thrift shop then you're probably digging at the wrong ones. What they will notice at a thrift shop is some kid who has 12 lp's stuffed in one sleeve. how do you propose they got these naked records out the door?

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    yeah i came across some real nice joints in the salvo, but just sleeves. I just think thats how they donate them half the time. Any real digger would keep the jacket. The worst though is when you buy a record at the thrift store and it turns out to be the wrong record. That shit infuriates me. I got a copy of soul makossa - manu dibango a few days ago, and it had some orch music in it.

• Are you guys serious? I don't know what kinda thrift shops you all go to, but the ones I buy records at will put out anything.

Especially when regarding the record bins. If someones seriously bothering to sleeve check them as they filter in there's prolly already somebody pulling the raer there anyways.

• The dude you're looking for probably posts on Waxidermy. It's essentially an entire message board of dudes who steal hiphop 12"s from thrift stores.

• Ya ever been to savers in San Jose?

Probly not, heres the skinny on that hole.

Most of the garbage there, goodwill would burn.

Ya needs yo shots before you go in.

Herds of wild mexican kids climbing on, in, and over EVERYTHING...Including you.

Fat ass housewives with a crazy, drunk, toothless mexican husband. (nobody you know)Dont get me wrong....Some of my best friends are beaners so dont trip.

Not to mention whats stuck to the floor and most everything in the place.

I almost bought a snak-master there, till I saw it came with a snak attatched to it already.

So ya ..I know where your diggin....Me to.

Oh...this just re-enforces the idea they got ripped....The dude that ripped those records didnt know Shit....I pulled a fair Ramsey Lewis lp out of the garbage he didnt bother looking thru.

Ole boy just saw hip hop and started pullin jackets and slapin records into a backpack....Fer sho.

The dude you're looking for probably posts on Waxidermy. It's essentially an entire message board of dudes who steal hiphop 12"s from thrift stores.

Are you guys serious? I don't know what kinda thrift shops you all go to, but the ones I buy records at will put out anything.

Especially when regarding the record bins. If someones seriously bothering to sleeve check them as they filter in there's prolly already somebody pulling the raer there anyways.

Exactly!

And yes, when I live near a Savers in Orange County it was a favorite thrift shop.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    This entire thread has completely ignored
    the already established policy that to steal
    hip hop records is the only true "hip hop" way to
    procure vinyl. Or did you already forget?

However, my theory is that this is WillOne, returned
    yet again, this time coming in immediately condemning
    thrift store theft because he is convinced the only reason
    for his endless past clowning was his initial flossing of
    stolen undesirable late 70's soul 45's from the Goodwill...

• However, my theory is that this is WillOne, returned
    yet again, this time coming in immediately condemning
    thrift store theft because he is convinced the only reason
    for his endless past clowning was his initial flossing of
    stolen undesirable late 70's soul 45's from the Goodwill...

Mmmmmmm no sir....im not this WillOne you speak of.

I am , and always have been oldschoolspinna.
    Look at my profile....I reged in 2004, and just now posted.

And whats this about stealing records from thrift stores being the diggers code shit?

The way I see it, your a cheap bastard if you cant cough up a buck or two, so some kid in a shity part of the city, with a crackhead mom can eat at night.

Maybe that two bucks went to feed your grandma, with her meals on wheels havin ass.

Stealing records is wrong....with that said Im gonna go download the new fitty cent cd, ...and poop on it.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Jesus Christ. Why did I read this shit?

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    Jesus Christ. Why did I read this shit?
    Happy Birthday!

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

Herds of wild mexican kids climbing on, in, and over EVERYTHING...Including you.

Fat ass housewives with a crazy, drunk, toothless mexican husband. (nobody you know)Dont get me wrong....Some of my best friends are beaners so dont trip.

i hope some ese's stick you up and take your shoes for real.(unless your a 'beaner', then i got to say that it's to be talkin' like that man.)

• Herds of wild mexican kids climbing on, in, and over EVERYTHING...Including you.

Wow, you must really hate living in San Jose. Stay there.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Ya ever been to savers in San Jose?

ive been to savers... often. there are ALWAYS empty record jackets there. you dont know what youre talking about.

THIS is your big complaint? empty rap jackets at the ghetto thrift store? get over it and move on... get over to the flea before they shut it down permanently. when that closes THEN you can complain... until then stick to lurking.

• Ya ever been to savers in San Jose?

Ya needs yo shots before you go in.

Not to mention whats stuck to the floor and most everything in the place.

I almost bought a snak-master there, till I saw it came with a snak attatched to it already.

So ya ..I know where your diggin....Me to.

Oh...this just re-enforces the idea they got ripped....The dude that ripped those records didnt know Shit....I pulled a fair Ramsey Lewis lp out of the garbage he didnt bother looking thru.

Ole boy just saw hip hop and started pullin jackets and slapin records into a backpack....Fer sho.

Worst third post ever.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

• I almost bought a snak-master there, till I saw it came with a snak attatched to it already.

The dude that ripped those records didnt know Shit....I pulled a fair Ramsey Lewis lp out of the garbage he didnt bother looking thru.

Now we know these posts are a sham. You blew your cover with the "snak-master" and "Ramsey Lewis" lines.

Reveal your true identity.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

don't be mad cause you slept-in.

• LordNOLordNO 202 Posts

When I donate records to my local thrift I just re-insert them in there myself. The ladies who run the salvation army, don't sift, price, nothing...they just toss em in a pile... part of the game..

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Possibly best first post ever?

'Have you ever felt friendless' is at least runner-up