Island Funk Buyers Guide

ScopeCGNScopeCGN 163 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Winter is coming closer & I need some of that warm and sunny sound in my place!BUT - I never know what Island grooves I should buy and what not... And some of them are freakin XXXpensive!! So, I'd rather believe in your suggestions :-)Was this topic up already? I can't remember! But that means the last time the topic came up was probably a long time ago, right?! Needs a update!And just to clearify: I mean not jamaican stuff this time, thats a different story. I mean West Indies, Tobago, St. Lucia, etc...Sparrows Troubardours & Original Tropicana Steel Band were winners & , others just crappy easy steeldrum shit... Please help me out if you have a clue on the genre :-)Thanks,The ScoperPS: PM me with trades & set sale lists :-)

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

That shit is ! I bet you could find some T-Rex eggs in the caves.

• SCHITT!!!!

I Want This - How can i get 75 Mil real quick @ 03:56 in the morning...?

:-)

LOL

:-)

Is paypal accepted?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

That shit is ! I bet you could find some T-Rex eggs in the caves.

Dude.. Mel Gibson could be ur closest neighbour!!!

And Joe Thompson's gold could be buried there!!!

http://www.luxuryrealestate.com/647747

• OOPS - A polinesian oracle just told me:
    "Buying an island in times of global warming is just a waste of money - blubb"

Gimme your island funk record TOP TEN now or you R soft, doode!

• This is all new ground to me so I don't have heaps to add.

I heard an lp called Connections - Sweat & Steel Band which was ace ...

• Common Strutters,

don't let the NRR posts like

"How do you like your Maccaroni?"
    "Home cooking strut.."
    "How can I be a handsome arse?"

overrule this threat & board!

Post the 10 most heat, cooking, sizzlin island funk fever you know of!!!
    Get hurt, you batches!

Greets,

Scopa

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    some of the deepest island funk i know of comes from this little known place called rhode island. seriously overlooked, i know some guys are working on this comp (PLEASE keep it hush hush) dark moody rhode island funk bangers.

• some of the deepest island funk i know of comes from this little known place called rhode island. seriously overlooked, i know some guys are working on this comp (PLEASE keep it hush hush) dark moody rhode island funk bangers.

Damn dude - next thing someone's gonna name drop the Providence Luxury Hotel Band's stormer "Catch Fish Wit Me Tooth".

Oops.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    some of the deepest island funk i know of comes from this little known place called rhode island. seriously overlooked, i know some guys are working on this comp (PLEASE keep it hush hush) dark moody rhode island funk bangers.

Damn dude - next thing someone's gonna name drop the Providence Luxury Hotel Band's stormer "Catch Fish Wit Me Tooth".

Oops.