The best website for uploading/sharing photos?

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Until now I have just been uploading my photos onto my hard drive. I send them individually to people when I want to, as attachments to e-mails. Occassionally I'll burn a whole disk of photos (like from a trip I took with someone) and send them in the mail.But I am feeling increasingly "disconnected" from what's really in the digital photo storage game.What's good? What's this Shutterfly terd I keep getting e-mails about?Photobucket? Do they print out and send you photos if you want?Please help your boy.

Comments

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    ofoto.com

you can share via email and they also print.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

seriously, flickr is the best. plus they also have a mess of cool plugins and widgets

here's one for the soulstrut group

soulstrut. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

it updates every hour with recent photos

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Flickr for me has so far been horrible. I haven't been able to save full sets of photos. The Uploader never works correctly, and then I'm always getting this message.

"You've run into one of the limits of a free account. Your free account will only display the most recent 200 photos you've uploaded. All of your photos beyond 200 will remain hidden from view until you either delete newer photos, or upgrade to a Pro account.

None of your photos have been deleted, and if you upgrade, they'll all come back unharmed."

Holding my shits hostage?

20 mb is the max monthly upload limit.

That's really horrible.

- spidey

• seriously, flickr is the best. plus they also have a mess of cool plugins and widgets

There's a Soul strut group? Can I play?

seriously, flickr is the best. plus they also have a mess of cool plugins and widgets

There's a Soul strut group? Can I play?

yeah i think clicking on the banner will take you there. i'm not sure if this was the one raj started.

Flickr for me has so far been horrible. I haven't been able to save full sets of photos. The Uploader never works correctly, and then I'm always getting this message.

"You've run into one of the limits of a free account. Your free account will only display the most recent 200 photos you've uploaded. All of your photos beyond 200 will remain hidden from view until you either delete newer photos, or upgrade to a Pro account.

None of your photos have been deleted, and if you upgrade, they'll all come back unharmed."

Holding my shits hostage?

20 mb is the max monthly upload limit.

That's really horrible.

- spidey

yeah i paid the $25 for the year. i had my photos on pbase before but there was 300mb max storage for the same price. i like the unlimited storage for the fee, but mostly i like the groups on there

[*] NEW Guess Where SF[/b] (705 members) [*] NEW Catchy Colors[/b] (24,967 members) [*] LOMO (4,819 members) [*] Pet Parade (1,513 members) [*] nighthawks (2,680 members) [*] Long Exposure (4,945 members) [*] ► Toys ( 玩具,おもちゃ ) (2,672 members) [*] POLAROID EDGE (910 members) [*] Neon Signs (1,561 members) [*] ToyDioramarama (54 members) [*] "Plastic People" or mannequins, dolls and more (1,574 members) [*] Museum (1,256 members) [*] Dial H for Hitchcock (270 members) [*] San Francisco at Night (139 members) [*] Fantastic Plastic (207 members) [*] PhotoBooth (433 members) [*] Action Figures In Action (224 members) [*] Dioramas (66 members) [*] soulstrut (14 members) [*] Imagination (1,990 members) [*] !Night Life (1,057 members) [*] (211 members) [*] action figure(d) (125 members) [*] ferris wheels (381 members) [/LIST]

• How can I post a pic on the strut or put a flik next to my name using Flickr??Can I also use it to post flix on peoples comment pages on Myspace??

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Flickr for most everything, besides Soulstrut. For the Strut I use Photobucket, I can
    never get my Flickr photos to imbed in a post, they always come up as a link. WTF?