What's the deal with this record?

johnny_ruhbarbjohnny_ruhbarb 95 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
sergio mendez and the new brazil 77, if there is a deal with it? I picked i up the other day. I just rember it from a soulstrut thread at some point? is it rare and why?

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    sergio mendez and the new brazil 77, if there is a deal with it? I picked i up the other day. I just rember it from a soulstrut thread at some point? is it rare and why?

Wooah, you shoudl be posting this in the fake finds thread my friend, ain't no way you got your hands on a genuine OG of that holy grail.

• it's a uk pressing from 77 i have. why is it so rare?

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    are you selling?

• im gathering info for now.
    Maybee im selling?

• Don't take your first offer - these folks are notoriously cheap.

Congratulations... (so jealous right now)

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    CHECK PM'S

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    Not wanting to rain on anyones parade but isn't their a 'common' version of this and the super rare one, or am I talking shite?

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    The 12" picture sleeve of Mozambique (i think) goes for some cash, I think as high as $100. the album does not, and no pressing of it is worth money except maybe if you got one that Sergio hand signed using finger paints.

• aw man you guys suck.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    aw man you guys suck.

I know I should have let it drag on further , sorry... I promise for the next similar post I will keep my comments strictly misleading.

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    Believe none of what you read (less on SS ) and half of what you see

• CHECK PM'S

I have not recived any pm's...

• CHECK PM'S

This should come as no surprise....

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    the album does not, and no pressing of it is worth money except maybe if you got one that Sergio hand signed using finger paints.

Wrong. There is the rare "pressing plant error version" in which they accidentally put copies of Endless Flight in the Brazil '77 sleeve. This version is very valuable.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    CHECK PM'S

Whatever he's offering I'll double it. Pay no heed to the hatters, dudes are always trying to shortchange on sales. If it's a NM I'll throw in a copy of Boscoe.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Honestly, dude, your first mistake was even putting it out there that you had a copy of this.

Tread carefully--your life may now be in danger.

And if your mans offers to drop a benjamin on you, ignore the temptation to go for the short money and instead parlay your wealth into t-shirts. You can trust me; I am your bro.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I'd kill for a copy of this.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    to get my hands on it.

Beat that.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    CHECK PM'S

RAJ STOP BLOCKING MY PM'S TO THIS DUDE!

You already have this record - let a man join the elite!

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    Funny story... in the last thread clowning on this record I posted up a reedit I did of 'Mozambique'. A friend of mine downloaded it and put it on a CDR he was passing around. Benji B picked up on it and has been playing it on his BBC Radio 1 XTra show. Another example of the Soulstrut Effect.

• JBCJBC 25 Posts

You can deal with the lil dudes on this forum if you want, but I am Biz Markie's online record dealer, and he has told me that this is the one super-raer record that he doesn't have. He will beat anyone's price, and may throw in something CTI-related to sweeten the deal...

CHECK PMS.

• check my auctions for the 12"....its in the classified section...(yes i paid to post)

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Yo ehuffman, much respect for that "Kopps" avatar. That scene is too funny.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

You can deal with the lil dudes on this forum if you want, but I am Biz Markie's online record dealer, and he has told me that this is the one super-raer record that he doesn't have. He will beat anyone's price, and may throw in something CTI-related to sweeten the deal...

CHECK PMS.

I'll top any offer the Biz throws down. WE NEED THIS FOR THE WAXIDERY TIME CAPSULE!

• I guess the deal is that it's a big joke...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    hopefully you paid less than $2

• Yo ehuffman, much respect for that "Kopps" avatar. That scene is too funny.

thanks, i wish i could see the show...i have only seen the avatar and based on that i bet that shit is hilarious.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    It's not a series, it's a Swedish comedy about a smalltown police squad faced with being shut down due to the lack of crime in the area. As a result, they start doing fake crimes themselves to justify their existence to the top brass. The avatar .gif is the squad's wannabe-macho guy's dream about serving justice.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    sounds like another insanely-stupid, but funny-as-hell movie