Short Run Vinyl

ootoot 38 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
anyone got the goods on a dope spot to do short-run vinyl? 500 units or so? Looking for a nice balance of quality/price, as you would assume. Simple black jacket affair, maybe a 4-color label or something. Nothing too fancy. Any help is boot-tastic.-oot

Comments

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Anyone will do short runs, and anywhere you look, its gonna be expensive by the nature of it. Shop around! You might wanna check out Musicol, in Columbus OH.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I use A&R in Dallas.....not sure how they compare price wise but they do a ton of vinyl.....# is 214-741-2027.....ask for Stan......they'll do 500.....ask what the "special" is.....feel free to tell him Rich/Rockadelic sent you.....may not get you a discount, but won't hurt either.

• ootoot 38 Posts
    word, i used musicol before. good looking out. yea if anyone has anyone they've used before and really dug the sound they got from their job, please share. thanks

• iconicon 86 Posts
    I use A&R in Dallas.....not sure how they compare price wise but they do a ton of vinyl.....# is 214-741-2027.....ask for Stan......they'll do 500.....ask what the "special" is.....feel free to tell him Rich/Rockadelic sent you.....may not get you a discount, but won't hurt either.

Do you use their mastering too? What they've done for you musically is probably different than what they've done for me, but I would highly advise using someone else to master the project.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Do you use their mastering too? What they've done for you musically is probably different than what they've done for me, but I would highly advise using someone else to master the project.

I usually have tapes that are 30-40 years old and Stan has done some amazing stuff with a few of them.....but I can see how his hip hop/rap skills may be lacking.

• pppppppp 261 Posts
    Hey, I run SAMO media (Toronto) and we do short run vinyl.
    Please email [email]info@samomedia.com[/email] if you'd like a quote.

thx
    paul