Lots....a good look or not?

mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Do you like to sell in lots?Do you like to buy in lots?Are you mad when someone sticks a raer in a lot to try to up the price?Whats yr $ limit on pricing lots?Im tyring to decide what to do with a bunch of non-raers ive got that I could potentially sell in lots, but is it worth it? I could get $1 a record locally, butif I could make $3+ a record by selling lots on the 'bay..its hard to pass up. Anyone got any strong feelings one way or the other about buying/selling lots?

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i usually fill up some wine boxes, about 50 a box, and make an announement on craigslist or thebreaks. instant responses of people that will come and get em.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I like to drop a Benjamin on my mans-n-nem for a nice lot.

• I've got loads of 80s reggae 45s that I know wont move in the store, and I know the pieces wouldnt move individually, so I have been selling them in 10-15 45 lots...I have been only getting about 30 bucks per lot, but it gets the records outta the store and from taking up valuable real estate on the shelves...so if you gotta get rid of stuff for space and/or you are just sick of looking at them, lots are def a good look.

• a $2 per record difference will cover your ebay and paypal fees... maybe the gas and packing materials to ship the stuff... depends how much your time is worth I guess...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I like to drop a Benjamin on my mans-n-nem for a nice lot.

• I like to drop a Benjamin on my mans-n-nem for a nice lot.

You doubt the man's words?

Why, just last weekend I had a blowout at $5 a piece. He paid, foll. He dropped a Benjamin Franklin on me for 27 records, he is my bro. I am now making 3 x $$$ off reselling tshirts instead of just doing records.

So fall back, son.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    You're a dork son, fall back.

• Usually when it comes to selling records I start by posting them on some trade forums, cause I like to trade records for records. Then I sell some the same way. That's where I get the most out of what I have to offer. At a certain point I stop trading. That is when the selection gets to a point where all the really good ones (rear/wanted/blablabla) have already left my crates. Phase to is making lots of 9 to 12 lps a lot. That's where I experienced the best results. Every lot sold so far. I got more than in bigger lots and nothing will be left to stay unsold.
    When it comes to buying lots I don't buy LP lots on the bay. Private adds in the local papers is what I'm looking for. But I buy lot's of 7" so called job lots on online auctions. That's because it's harder to get decent soul and funk 45s here in Germany. And because I'm a old scrooch I won't pay more than 50 cent a record and no lots with less than 50 singles innit.

Peace,
    Sebastian