Jazz Next Standard Book

triptoyourmindtriptoyourmind 294 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Anyone know anything about this book? looks pretty solid.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    there are a shitload of those books. only good for pics unless you read japanese.

• I've got this one:

Essential!

• I've got this one:

Essential!

How much of it is in English?

• Is this about "jazz dance"? I was going to ask if there was some definitive authority or if people just wanted to start throwing out titles. It's something I get asked about but don't really know from.

• I've got this one:

Essential!

How much of it is in English?

The artists + titles

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    Is this about "jazz dance"? I was going to ask if there was some definitive authority or if people just wanted to start throwing out titles. It's something I get asked about but don't really know from.

the guys from big daddy /grand slam were up on that jazz dance scene in japan/uk
    there were lists of songs and i think dj snowboy?-the kook who compiled that sugarhill disography wrote an article with palylists about it
    sounds like funky fusion to me

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Those books are corny.

Japanese dealers and buyers swear by them. As soon as a book like that drops - that's the checklist for every DJ in Japan for 6 months and the stores price shit accordingly. I love it when they include some common ass Australian shit in there. Gives me more game. Worldwide dealers should buy these books and start pimping the raers and local private presses to Japanese dealers on eBay and on private sale for big buck$.

peace.

p.s. the books are entirely in Japanese and only good for pictures.