JEEP COMMERCIAL WITH FAT BOYS MUSIC QUESTION ABOUT

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
ia that music from a record wher someboddy sampled the fat boyz or is that just sumthing they did for that commercial???!? i need to know

Comments

• Phill,

I saw the commercial this afternoon. First thing came to mind was the Disco 3 12" Human Beat Box/Fat Boys. I know that's been sampled before, for example Dynomite D. for the "By The Way" album on a song called ... wait for it ... Stick 'Em.

The end of the commercial definitely sounds like the Disco 3. Cool tune!

P.S. I'm looking forward to the Packers/Eagles game tomorrow night. What is your official prediction for the game? Eagles 63, Packers 3? Please tell me the Packers will get better as the year goes on!

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Phill,

I saw the commercial this afternoon. First thing came to mind was the Disco 3 12" Human Beat Box/Fat Boys. I know that's been sampled before, for example Dynomite D. for the "By The Way" album on a song called ... wait for it ... Stick 'Em.

The end of the commercial definitely sounds like the Disco 3. Cool tune!

Well, it's definitely the Fat Boys (Disco 3) but it's been chopped up and somebody threw handclaps on it. Maybe it's the Dynomite D song you speak of... I will investigate. Thanks for the lead.

P.S. I'm looking forward to the Packers/Eagles game tomorrow night. What is your official prediction for the game? Eagles 63, Packers 3? Please tell me the Packers will get better as the year goes on!

It may be closer than you think. If Favre gets hot, he can rip our secondary apart- that's the only real weak link on our team this season if everybody stays relatively healthy. Then again, Favre can also throw 12 interceptions by halftime... ya just never know with old man Brett. My prediction: Eagles 41, Cheeseheads 27 (two of the best pass offenses vs. two of the worse pass defenses = exploding scoreboard )

• P.S. I'm looking forward to the Packers/Eagles game tomorrow night. What is your official prediction for the game? Eagles 63, Packers 3? Please tell me the Packers will get better as the year goes on!

It may be closer than you think. If Favre gets hot, he can rip our secondary apart- that's the only real weak link on our team this season if everybody stays relatively healthy. Then again, Favre can also throw 12 interceptions by halftime... ya just never know with old man Brett. My prediction: Eagles 41, Cheeseheads 27 (two of the best pass offenses vs. two of the worse pass defenses = exploding scoreboard )

This really ought to be in the NFL thread, but screw it. Favre should be better this season than last because at least he has healthy receivers to throw to. Last year the Packers had nothing, and I mean *nothing*, for Favre to pass to. They were down to literally their 4th or 5th string running back in Gado so teams barely even had to focus on the run and just played pass defense, and with an injury-plagued receiver corp there just wasn't much hope for Favre. This year he's at least got Donald Driver and Koren Robinson can be good when he's not fucking up his life. Greg Jennings is a future star in the making so that's 3 receivers Favre can throw to, not to mention Bubba Franks on occasion. Ahman Green's gimpy and I don't know that I feel too confident in Vernand Morency and Noah Herron as far as the running game, but it's still better than what they had going last year. I really don't see Favre throwing nearly as many interceptions this season.

Do the Packers beat the Eagles? Well, probably not (though anything's possible) but I don't think it's going to be a 42-6 drubbing or anything either.