Roots v. Sweet Exorcist

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Seriously I can't decide sometimes. What y'all got?

Comments

• Schitt maybe it's Back to the World...

• Back to the World takes that trio for me, on the strength of "Right on for the Darkness," which might be my favorite Curtis song. But, that'll change tomorrow.

"Sweet Exorcist," is in the two spot, because of 'Make Me Believe in You."

"Roots" comes in a close third; the whole thing was a photo finish.

• I think you might just have the correct order right there. For now.

• I've been real serious about my curtis of late.

I sat down with a friend recently, who like alllll kinds of music. he is the only person i know who can say to me, "i've been really into cuban son and norwegian black metal recently...what have you been listening to?" and I can take it seriously, without any irony- he'll really listen to and groove on ANYTHING.

anyway, i sat him down for a curtis lecture. and, to quote the waxidermy thread on the beatles (because he can stand shoulder to shoulder with the beatles) 'sometimes shit is just that serious'.

i mean, curtis is kind of unreal good. like, i have a hard time wrapping my head around it good.

• and btw- i know none of the previous post was no revelation to anyone. its just worth reiterating every now and again.

• Sweet Exorcist is one of my favorite Mayfield albums, second only to the Curtis album. Hearing the title track and "To Be Invisible" for the first time was a religious experience for me. So moody and beautiful.

SG

• TobiTobi 187 Posts
    Seriously I can't decide which one is my favourite. Maybe I'll go for Roots, it has "Get Down", "Underground" & "Beautiful Brother Of Mine" on it. On the other side is Exorcist with "Kung Fu", "To Be Invisible" & "Make Me Believe In You"...DAMN!!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

But ROOTS contains one of my favorite Mayfield joints - Now Your Gone.

• yep, Sweet Exorcist. 2nd only to Curtis and maybe Live.

• yep, Sweet Exorcist. 2nd only to Live. , then curtis

live- we've only just begun?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    It's terrible, just terrible, to try and rate this shit in "orders" at least for me because shit changes, but I would have to say that, according to my mood, "Sweet Exorcist" and "Back To The World" change position.

But often times "Got To Find A Way" eclipse both of them.

• Dog it's like, there's different Curtis for different moods. But at the same time each person has their own preferential mood - some folks are happy folks, some folks are melancholy.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dog it's like, there's different Curtis for different moods. But at the same time each person has their own preferential mood - some folks are happy folks, some folks are melancholy.

Shit, if that's the case, I'll be rocking the shit out of some "Heartbeat."

• Dog it's like, there's different Curtis for different moods. But at the same time each person has their own preferential mood - some folks are happy folks, some folks are melancholy.

My favorite depends on which mood I[/b] am in. Live always sits on my #1 as the songwriting just shines without all of the strings and production, but Roots, Curtis, Sweet Exorcist are like one big juicy Curtis sandwich.