My favorite post while I was away...

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
what is it about tupac that attracts yall so much?delivery, words, tracks he rocks over, etc... i dont like tupac at all. his delivery is very nice and his voice is okay at times. his songs bore me though and most of his production bores me too. i guess i also grew up with most of his interscope stuff which i thought was good but i never really cared overall. anything after "brenda" is kinda garbage in my opinion. especially all that DR shit he was doing after he got out of jail.. most of this could be because he changed up his game 4x and kept saying "naw this is who i really am..." kinda talk. that shit annoyed me. [bold]i also was way more into the east coast rap style than i was with the west coast and almost all my folks couldnt get with dudes shit so... well, yeah, so i didnt listen.[/bold]i guess it just fascinates me how people have grabbed hold of dudes music so hard that theyre on some ride or die tupac 4life. college courses on his music, books about him, poetry about how he changed folks lives... etc.so.... why yall love him so much? make me see the light...im not out for a fight with no one... just telling you my thoughts.

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    interesting....who's the author

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    interesting....who's the author

Yes, footnotes are now required! Please see Keith Oberman thread post haste! And bring your highlighter.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    interesting.... who's the author

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    You know, I used to kinda feel that way about Tupac too, but these days, when one of his songs comes on and I'm like "oh yeah- I like this song!" and then I realize its Tupac, so I guess I'm not a hatter like I thought I was. Same thing with Biggie I think. I'm not a superfan, but then a lot of his songs rank up there as being among my favorite rap songs ever. So, there ya go.