DESCRIBE UR DARK SIDE OF THE MOON DRUG EXPERIENCE

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• I always preferred 'Wish You Were Here'....

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Anything less than a MINT MFSL press will result in a BAD TRIP, duuuddeee....

• man, you know, I have never had one.

But I did have an annoying as fuck "Atom Heart Mother" experience...

it was New Years Eve in Knoxville, TN and I was staying at this party house long after everone left, I tried to crash out, which is damn near impossible when you are still trippin'. Anyway, this GIGANTIC house had no heat, so I was all bundled up and trying to find anywhere to get comfortable. Somewhere in the house "Atom heart mother" was on repeat and I could not find out from where (due to my addled state) I must have listened to that album 20 some odd times, it almost drove me insane...when I came down and the sun was up I clearly saw it was a jambox in the corner...DOH!

I hope I never hear "Atom Heart Mother" ever again in my life.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    japanese pressing (with OBI) and sushi.

But I did have an annoying as fuck "Atom Heart Mother" experience...

classic.

• The big thing to do when I lived in bumfuck PA for a year in highschool was to get ripped and go watch the dark side laser light show at the Franklin Institute in Philly. So one weekend I went down there with a bunch of kids and ate some mushrooms. About five minutes into the show they had tech issues and shut everything down. A bunch of dudes were all pissed off, but I didn't really care. We went and hung out by the river for a while and then went to Pats.

did they have LAZERPALOOZA???

• did they have LAZERPALOOZA???

I think so but I never saw it.

• Eight grams of mushrooms and laser light at the Hayden Planetarium.

• Eight grams of mushrooms and laser light at the Hayden Planetarium.

All those times when people would convince me how cool it was to take shrooms or acid and watch a movie or some shit like that, nothing and I mean nothing was as cool as walking around the city while it was snowing. Fuck lazers.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Just wanted to throw in. Have any of you heard that Dream theater Dark side of the moon cover? Even going so far as to bringing a Gospel singer on tour with them.

I don't even like Dream theater, but I still reccomend it.

- spidey

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I saw PF's Dark Side Of The Moon tour at Largo Arena (Capitol Center). Worse concert ever. Worse than Elephants Memory with It's A Beautiful Day (but that is another story).

My seats were way up at the top on the side. I could only see 1/2 the stage. But what was so terrible was that they had this elaborate sound system with speakers all around the arena. The speakers were way up high, in fact I sitting right under one. They would swirl the music around from speaker to speaker like a wave. So my experience was I would hear a distant sound that was very very faint, then it would get louder and louder until my eardrums were blown. The people on the floor seemed to like it.

My one bad trip was at a Dead concert 'bout '72, free show at American University.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Eight grams of mushrooms and laser light at the Hayden Planetarium.

8 grams by yourself???

I nearly died one time off of 2 grams of shrooms from Thailand.

We'd make tea out of a whole lot more than 8 grams of freshly-picked local Texas product, but I find it hard to believe that many could stomach 8 grams of that lab-grown East Coast Deadhead shit.

The only way I could see it is if you are/were completely devoid of emotion which of course supplies the heaviest baggage during any psychedelic trip.

Now, may I describe my Hairway to Steven drug experience?

Ah, nevermind...it was a have-to-have-been there type of story.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    The only time I tripped to see a movie is when I took almost a quarter of mushrooms to the head an went with my dog Julio and BG Mancini to go see The Fly 2 starring I believe Erick Stoltz.

I like that Geto Boys sampled Pink Floyd. My wife turned them off the radio the whip teh other day.

• these were from a friend of mine who went to school in Boulder that I ate with a bowl of icecream which was disgusting and I can't remember what the reasoning was behind it. I also remember that after the show i didnt talk to anyone for the rest of the night.

but, speaking of tripping in a blizard. I remember tripping on a half a hit of acid and walking around in a fresh upstate blizard thigh deep in snow listening to the entire "electric Ladyland" LP start to finish on headphones.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    second megadeth release party[which came out on capitol-it was a big deal] for peace sells -in a plush suite in NYC
    my friend who was signed to roadracer and I are talking to Mike Schnapp who owned or was involved in Combat records [megadeth's old label]
    we were discussing the virtues of Ummagumma quietly amonst ourselves.
    Out of nowhere a make-up free ugly ass super ethnic looking Gene Simmons Literally sticks his head into our circle and rudely proclaims

"UmmmaGumma?
    I was fucking to that before you were born"

and then crawls back under his rock

talk about a stick in the mud
    we looked at him...dazed..... and said nothing

i didn't know who he was until he walked away and once he was out of ear shot Schnapp said some derogatory shit about KISS being washed up and paul being a FAG
    Whatever,,,,,we were amazed at the free Sapporo and Shark /swordfish Apetizers
    Al dimeola of all people was also there and he was very cool and personable.
    Al was Blatintly goofing on Satriani and Malmstien who were both pretty hot at that time.
    Snap

• My best friend's mother used to get us stoned in high school and we'd play Donkey Kong Country alternating between Wish You Were Here and DSOTM.

This often helped us come down from tripping balls earlier in the day.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

I was always more into dropping acid and watching Live at Pompei.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

I was always more into dropping acid and watching Live at Pompei.

• We'd make tea out of a whole lot more than 8 grams of freshly-picked local Texas product,

Now, may I describe my Hairway to Steven drug experience?

Scorpion Tea!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    My best friend's mother used to get us stoned in high school and we'd play Donkey Kong Country alternating between Wish You Were Here and DSOTM.

This often helped us come down from tripping balls earlier in the day.

Sometimes I am amazed we are still alive.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    "trippping balls"

if you were a vet of the psychic wars you just know what this really means
    sacred shaman brotherhood of the ambient 3d mind fuck
    its like free psychoanalysis

double barrell -white -purple- aqua = microdots was favored in high school
    3 buks each
    4 way blotter was 5 -10 bucks and severe in length and power
    one 4 way split with me and a friend resulted in
    2 days of tripping balls
    but it was the paper that put my friend in rehab for 8 weeks in the 9th grade
    he had a really bad trip
    i never had a bummer myself

shrooms now being the favored medium

ps
    what happened to that "it would make your balls sweat like nothing else" gremelin with keb?

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i read ny moms boyfriend's copy of "the electric acid kool aid test "when i was in the 6th grade and comprehended it.
    it made me want to trip
    i was so inspired i tried calling keasey but his ph was unlisted
    my first trip was a few yeras later @14 years old in the fall ,first year of high school
    twisted forever
    MKULTRA at work

• i did the whole darkside of the moon wiz of oz shit with ketamine. that was wild. A room full of people and no one could say a word. The worst trip though ive ever had was when i ate an 1/8th of some white and blue mush, and went out with some kids that were sober and one kid that ate the same as me. We went to mcdonalds and shit hit the fan. This kid starts freaking out and tryign to rip up the tables off the stands in the dining room. He then started spitting his food out at people and screaming. That just set me down the road to hell. When we left i was seeing crazy visuals like shit on fire and zombies crawling around. Then we went to this party and people were wilding out. Everyone was drunk and i sat in the corner freaking out. Bad scene.

I took mush at the movies though a few times and my favorite part was looking at the rug when i was walking out of the theater. Shit was like a river of lava.

Anyone here ever mess with saliva before though? We used to take dry bong hits of that shit in a dark room and it felt like a monster hand came down and started to push me around. And this one time i hit that shit and layed back on a bed and i felt like i had rivers of color rushing over my face. it was on some shaman vison quest shit. Never thought the same after that.

• Anyone here ever mess with saliva[/b] before though? We used to take dry bong hits of that shit in a dark room and it felt like a monster hand came down and started to push me around. And this one time i hit that shit and layed back on a bed and i felt like i had rivers of color rushing over my face. it was on some shaman vison quest shit. Never thought the same after that.

I'm assuming you mean SALVIA?? Unless saliva has some unadvertised properties?

• Anyone here ever mess with saliva[/b] before though? We used to take dry bong hits of that shit in a dark room and it felt like a monster hand came down and started to push me around. And this one time i hit that shit and layed back on a bed and i felt like i had rivers of color rushing over my face. it was on some shaman vison quest shit. Never thought the same after that.

I'm assuming you mean SALVIA?? Unless saliva has some unadvertised properties?
    oops.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

Anyone here ever mess with saliva before though? We used to take dry bong hits of that shit in a dark room and it felt like a monster hand came down and started to push me around. And this one time i hit that shit and layed back on a bed and i felt like i had rivers of color rushing over my face. it was on some shaman vison quest shit. Never thought the same after that.

yeah, the trip is pretty heavy, but it only ever lasted 5 or 10 minutes for me...

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    I saw the entire album played live in front of 60000 people last year.

They took all the speakers off the other stages at the festival (there's 8 of them) and mounted these M A S S I V E towers of speakers to replicate the original quadraphonic sound! Me and a friend went an hour earlier and set up chairs right smack in the middle of this cosmic field of noise and speakers.

When the sheep and helicopters started flying everywhere, man...

There was a psychedelic light-show as well.

Very nice experience.

- J

• Listened to a quadrophonic copy on a quadrophonic system once...I was sober though, still a pretty cool experience!

I prefer listening to "tales of kid funkadelic" speed up to 45 when entertaining the other 90% of my brain...Oh, yeah and Tomita all day long!

• It wasn't DSotM it was "Meddle" and it wasn't acid or shrooms but Morning Glory seeds.