If you liked OxyCOATtail youll LOVE fingerbangcity

JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
The beats are semi-interesting but these girls and their lyrics make me want to vomit. They are pretty much biting off another satire group from Portland called The Punk Group. The PG is a Devo comedy troup of sorts and they do a little more than fuck around. Anyways I dont know what Fingerbangcity is tryin to accomplish maybe just get attention sort of like that oxycottintailchikits in the same vain....hate it? love it?They all wish they were Uffie.http://www.myspace.com/fingerbangcity

Comments

• hahaha sounds like tigre and bunny g le'trim

funny stuff.

• The Punk Group.

One of the absolute worst bands I saw the entire time I was in Portland. Wesley Willis is rolling in his grave.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    I wish there were some girls who would battle these girls and then beat the shit out of them at their shitty shows.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• -

• Ease up on the hate, they are just 2 girls having some fun and doing something silly. They never tried to take this ish serious, they just do some music for themselves and some people seem to like it. Relax..

Here is a song I did with them a couple of months ago..

www.funkweapons.com/rusty/FBC-VirginiaSlims.mp3

I did 2 beats for them, and lining up the vocals and recording it was a big job. Timing wise they would have a long way to go. It was a fun side project to see if I could write some diffrent stuff.

Now they are using this new cat the Captain which I really don't enjoy.. but whatever its just silly music..take it or leave it.

All the current stuff on their myspace page is pretty garbage, but again I don't take them seriously. They work full time jobs and just do this ish on the side for fun..

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Portland seems like such a shitty place.

If you removed the hipsters it would be one of the greatest cities in the country.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    having some fun and doing something silly

• so-real...

• this is pure cheese...i'm sorry but the northwest cant do sleazy/art-damaged. It comes off like bad drama class. I lived in Portland for a minute - and I've seen this first hand.

Stick to the script!

• DUDE! What are you talking about! Oxy Cotton is like Mc Lyte draped up and diped out in some of the most stylish gear, while these are just some dumb white hipster bitches that shoudn't be rapping and they probally got some some seriously fucked-up views on colored folks.

• That was crap. Oxcottontail... I am still trying to figure out if its a group or a party promoter or what...

Along the same lines what do you think of Mickey Avalon? And why is he given any kind of serious consideration?

heard his music, saw clips from his shows...

• What's not to figure out? You don't know the new Rakim when you hear her?

you sound

Mickey Avalon? Is he important?

• DUDE! What are you talking about! Oxy Cotton is like Mc Lyte draped up and diped out in some of the most stylish gear, while these are just some dumb white hipster bitches that shoudn't be rapping and they probally got some some seriously fucked-up views on colored folks.

uh Dude- I'm not defending Oxy Cottontail - i'm dissing the fingerbang crew.

By the way, Oxy puts on dope parties and got on the mic for a couple tracks. I'm not mad at that? I dont like the music per se - but it is what it is?

• By the way, Oxy puts on dope parties and got on the mic for a couple tracks. I'm not mad at that? I dont like the music per se - but it is what it is?

she's what the world needs.

you sound

He was just signed I believe to... Interscope.

you sound

i can't really comment on him, I've only heard his music. Once I find out how he's relevant to my social circle then I'll voice my opinion.

• Mickey Avalon? Is he important?

Not important, but marketable. A rapping Iggy Pop/ Perry Farrel - talking about male prostitution and junkie chic. The kids will love it!

• aside from being bad music, my inner-prude cannot take all these vagina raps. do people like hearing girls talk about their p*ssies, giving head, etc?? let me rephrase...do people like hearing this in their music? it give me the creeps/throws me off/distracts me from the music...but, i don't know, maybe i'm a just a

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I visited Oxy Cottontails myspace (didn't know who she was) and heard her covering "Small time hustler". It's a strange world nowadays, getting stranger by the minute...

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    do people like hearing girls talk about their p*ssies, giving head, etc??

Please don't rephrase, that's a valid question. I vote yes, but what do I know?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

• aside from being bad music, my inner-prude cannot take all these vagina raps. do people like hearing girls talk about their p*ssies, giving head, etc?? let me rephrase...do people like hearing this in their music? it give me the creeps/throws me off/distracts me from the music...but, i don't know, maybe i'm a just a

Do you get off on dudes rappin about banging women?

What about women rappin about their "parts" bothers you so much?

It's silly music for silly times, not everyone is trying to spread a message and/or brag about how much shit they have. Who gives a rat ass if it's bad music, that's your perspective anyway. I like and or seek out bad music for the sake of getting something that isnt all pre-thought out and trying to be cool.

• Do you get off on dudes rappin about banging women?

no, but i hear this all the time...thats what guys talk about (not just rap about), so its no shocking either. maybe you have a lot of slutty female friends talking to you all day about giving head, and how fine their p*ssies are. consider me

What about women rappin about their "parts" bothers you so much?

see above.

It's silly music for silly times, not everyone is trying to spread a message and/or brag about how much shit they have. Who gives a rat ass if it's bad music, that's your perspective anyway. I like and or seek out bad music for the sake of getting something that isnt all pre-thought out and trying to be cool.

if you wanna celebrate their entire bad music catalogue feel free. but dont call something bad music and then act like the new/cool shit is to recognize it as crap...and appreciate it for not being "pre-thought out"???

• she's what the world needs.

do you wear a white belt have a snap on haircut and rock skinny jeans by any chance?

• It's silly music for silly times, not everyone is trying to spread a message and/or brag about how much shit they have.

I like and or seek out bad music for the sake of getting something that isnt all pre-thought out and trying to be cool.

Silly music for silly times?? You should check out the new Immortal Technique my friend.

Personally I'd rather hear something with some content and if I am going to listen to something that ISN'T trying to spread a message or brag about shit and just be silly then again Uffie is the one for me.

http://www.myspace.com/uffie

Ready to UFF!?BEATS ARE BANGIN!!!...you don't have to be blatantly sexual to talk about sex. In the early 60's everything was a metaphor...until I heard that Toni Basil anyways...thats not the point.

To say you seek out music that ISN'T pre-thought or trying to be cool is a complete contradiction from what FBC represents. These "girls" are WOMEN pushing 30 if they aren't already. It is definitely thought out and they are only doing it because they THINK ITS COOL. Why else would they do it? Especially if they aren't taking themselves seriously. My guess is they saw the Punk Group and thought...wow we can do that. Yeah no shit...who couldn't?? They are just trying to get there last free ride.

They are Hipsters to the highest degree they and this is just their attempt to gain more popularity for the Hipster of the Year Award or win the Mercury Talent contest.

Its embarrassing and is exactly the kind of shit that makes me want to leave Portland. Its freaking Garbage just like 80% of everything else on myspace and yeah so what? that's just my opinion.