MP3 RIPPING PROGRAM

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Could somebody hook me up with a good MP3 ripping program (CD Burner to MP3).Yousendit on the PM stylee?Thanx!

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Something better than iTunes?

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    audacity

• cd-da extractor 9.02 all the way.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

i LIKE THIS 1. tHANXx.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

i LIKE THIS 1. tHANXx.

does this let you chop up large MP3 files (e.g., DJ sets recorded from an iriver) into individual tracks?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    One of the best (No doubt in my mind) is

Audiograbber

It's free.

Just make sure to use Lame for it or any other ripper.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

i LIKE THIS 1. tHANXx.

does this let you chop up large MP3 files (e.g., DJ sets recorded from an iriver) into individual tracks?

not exactly, but it has the "extract partial track" feature. You have to enter "start" and "stop" position in time.

I think that's a job for a wave editor more than a ripper.

• Winamp pro is good. Use it as your jukebox, and it can double as a suite CD ripper. Rip to Wav, Mp3, whatever. CDDB all the album info and stuff...

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    dbPower amp music converter. the only program you'll ever need to convert any type of audio file, as well as fast cd rips.

you can find it thru zdnet.com.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    Something better than iTunes?

little dude question.. whats wrong with the tunes?

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    Could somebody hook me up with a good MP3 ripping program (CD Burner to MP3).

Yousendit on the PM stylee?

Thanx!

Exact Audio Copy has the best sound quality and it is free.
    http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

Download LAME from the link below (free) and plug it into EAC when asked for it.
    http://mitiok.cjb.net/

• EAC is

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I strongly recommend a combination of EAC (CD ripper) and LAME (encoder.) LAME is by far the best MP3 encoder and nothing handles error detection as well as EAC. Plus both are free so you can't really go wrong with that.

edit: didn't see the top two posts when i replied

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I was using RealPlayer for convienence but after ripping a bunch of CDs I noticed like a third of them did not save the first track

And it WILL NOT recognize that first track on those discs

Since I've gotten other software any nothing else has had any problems with these discs, so I'd just say AVOID REALPLAYER

• I strongly recommend a combination of EAC (CD ripper) and LAME (encoder.) LAME is by far the best MP3 encoder and nothing handles error detection as well as EAC. Plus both are free so you can't really go wrong with that.

edit: didn't see the top two posts when i replied

Co-co-co-sign the above. EAC with the LAME plugin is what I use. EAC is the best ripper and with the LAME codec it makes encoding straight from CD to mp3 a snap.

• i used EAC for the past few years but haven't put a new rip / convert program on my new laptop yet. Can someone plaese to explain LAME to me or hit me with an informative link? i Don't know nothin' boss, honest.

• Ahhhh, i'm with that.

Appreciate the link, wiki knows all.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Does anyone have a solution for extracting dee are em from a*u*d*i*b*l*e dot aye aye files on mac? I paid my money, got my ish, and now I don't want to put up with their bullsnip.

• Itunes doesn't use LAME. However, you can download a script (for Mac's atleast) that allows you rip with LAME. The bad thing about it is that it takes a long time to rip because it runs at 1.5x. You can change the file name paramaters though, so that's nice. I pretty much hate the default "track number_track title" format itunes uses.
    Here's a link for that script:
    http://www.blacktree.com/apps/iTunes-LAME/

• dbPower amp music converter. the only program you'll ever need to convert any type of audio file, as well as fast cd rips.

you can find it thru zdnet.com.

I love this program. It costs like 10 bucks and you can dl codecs that handle most different file conversions for free. Easy to rip files too by right clicking and coverting. Lame mp3 format is no prob.

Ripping straight from vinyl I use cool edit, works great.