Johnny Lewis - Feelings

jazzman21jazzman21 287 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Same dude that did Shuckin N' Jivin. Anybody got some more info on it? what kind of music is on it? and is it worth any dough?

Comments

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Worthless. Avoid.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    A KILLER FUNKY JAZZ GEM THAT WILL MAKE ALL SAMPLE SPOTTERS BUST A NUT...YOU HAVE AT LEAST 2 BLAZING GANGSTARR SAMPLES TO BE FOUND..MAYBE MORE??..ALSO 3 KILLER FUNKY JAZZ TUNES UPTEMPO FOR CLUB FUNK DJ`S TO PLAY OUT..AND SOME MORE LAID BACK JAZZ VIBES FOR ILL HIP HOP SAMPLES...A CRATE CLASSIC THAT IS A MUST VINYL

• Worthless. Avoid.
    A KILLER FUNKY JAZZ GEM THAT WILL MAKE ALL SAMPLE SPOTTERS BUST A NUT...YOU HAVE AT LEAST 2 BLAZING GANGSTARR SAMPLES TO BE FOUND..MAYBE MORE??..ALSO 3 KILLER FUNKY JAZZ TUNES UPTEMPO FOR CLUB FUNK DJ`S TO PLAY OUT..AND SOME MORE LAID BACK JAZZ VIBES FOR ILL HIP HOP SAMPLES...A CRATE CLASSIC THAT IS A MUST VINYL

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Worthless. Avoid.

The first quote is the right call, tepid turd that ain't worth the paper it was printed on.
    Shuckin' and Jivin' isn't really all that in my book either, the OG doesn't have
    the Meters tune, Luv N' Haight added that one on the reissue.
    As far as the second quote goes, consider the source...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

As far as the second quote goes, consider the source...

ON THE GUNTHER FISCHER STYLE TIP SO DOPE WITH FUNKY EURO GROOVES

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I own this because I found it in the 99 cent bin and autographed by Johnny, plus I lived in Seattle. Note that none of these reasons are the music contained on said record.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Crink, that needed some exclamation points.
    Go fight with in weekend finds.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    That record is the definition of a tepid turd, avoid.

However, I was surprised to see showandtell sell one on ebay a month back for nearly 60 bucks. I almost feel sorry for the winning bidder of that one.