45 slipPAPs.

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    they have an adapter built in. big up to my man chad for forwarding this to me.
    I think they're $25.

• DJ_PhillieDJ_Phillie 199 Posts
    do regular LP slipmats not work w/ 45s??

what's the advantage of these?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    1. portables

2. easier to cut 45s up with the smaller mat.

peace.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    3. no swapping out the adaptor, dropping it, or losing it... nice.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    .....and in my experience, handle like shit. Horrible things.

• the_jthe_j 49 Posts
    Andy Votel, head of Twisted Nerve record label, was first to design 45 slipmats as far as I know.They are great to use deejaying. When I picked mine up about five years ago they were patent pending.You used to be able to pick them up off www.twistednerve.co.uk but not anymore it seems. There was also some talk of Will Holland of Quantic fame trying to do something similar with his new label but not sure about that one.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    it's all about these 45 plates:

i've been thinking about bootlegging them. but the initial investment is going to be like $10,000 so I've been dragging my feet...

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts

are these available online? searched around a bit but no dice. good looking out though--at least we now know what the hell they're called.

those 12" adapter plates are serious. i've only seen one dude with them, but they were coveted by all who saw them in action. that said, i wouldn't dump $10K into mass-producing them either...but hopefully *someone* will (again).