Your Friends Ex

kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
One of my friends was seeing this girl for a few weeks and has just moved away to another city. I met her at his going away party and she made it pretty obvious that she was intrested in me. She is fine but she's also my friends ex. Is this a or should i . Advice is needed.

Comments

• Man, how well of relationship do you have with your friend?

Best friend, semi-friend or just some associate.

Semi friends and associates: yes, get at the chick.

best friend...Walk away son!!!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    THIS WILL ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    I would make two assumptions here, that she is not gonna end up being wifey and that this would screw things over between you and your boy. you KNOW hes gonna find out. this is the way that story always ends you know? I would say pass on this G. its man-code. friends dont screw other friends ex's.

just find some other girl to blap.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    if you're asking about it, you probably really want to do it and don't care about your friend who moved away. you might as well go ahead with it.

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    Thanks

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    mandrew beat me to the punch on that one

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    my best friend just married his friends ex.

• if you're asking about it, you probably really want to do it and don't care about your friend who moved away. you might as well go ahead with it.

souns bout right, talk to your boy first, if it was only for a few weeks, shouldnt be shit, right?

it aint no fun if the homies cant have none!

• kicks, if it was only a few weeks they were dating I'd go for it, shes ready to move on obviously and seems to have no qualms about dating her ex's friends, which is the the flip side to your query .. you could also holla at your friend to let him know on some 'I feel a little odd about this but wanted to let you know' tip ...

if you let this one slip you'll probably regret it down the line, I always do ..

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    Thanks Lucero, I'll think i'll take your advice. How's Melburn treating you?

• melburn's not too bad boss, trying to build & hustle where I can, or was that when I can

• How does ex's little sisters best freind rate? To put it in context, they are both good freind (the ex and her sister) and she gave ME the boot.
    Girl is calling/emailing me contantly and I don't know if I should or not.

Cat among the pidgeons?

• this is the chick who moved 20 hours away yeah - dude, move on and groove on if you really like this other girl and things are def kaput with #1

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    How does ex's little sisters best freind rate? To put it in context, they are both good freind (the ex and her sister) and she gave ME the boot.
    Girl is calling/emailing me contantly and I don't know if I should or not.

Cat among the pidgeons?

• I got with my man's ex, the saving grace was that he left her for her best friend.

Karma's wild sometimes.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    post a pic of her, then I'll tell you

• talk to your friend tell him you dig this chick i am sure he will be happy and say go for it. I am sure he probably isn't to attached if it was such a short term thing. If it was me I wouldn't have any problem with it,I would even throw in some lovemaking tips. She really likes...

• parenparen 537 Posts
    devotion devotion devotion DEVOTION.

• I have seriously gone through this over last weekend. I have a couple I roll with who are polyamorous. There was a chick who he was seeing like crushed him. She split and it fucked him up so bad, he lost his job. About three weeks ago I get an email from his ex saying "Jazz, I effing miss you blah blah...". I tell her what I am doing that night and she shows up. I went out with her a couple of time keeping it on the dl. There was a reference to this on her myspace blog. My friend's wife found it and confronted me with it. I had to come clean.
    The situation is alot more complicated. This is just the tip of the iceberg. This got figured out by a friend we all have in common.
    Well on Sunday he comes home and they go off. I know they had to be talking about me. He comes back into the room and says I heard you have something to tell me.
    I drop it on him. He says something to the effect of not dictating what I should do and he was more concerned about me getting fucked over by this chick.
    Later his wife told me he was playing it noble and shit. I could tell it affected him.
    I feel horrible about all this. I dug his ex even before they hooked up, but there are more stars in the sky. Guilt is a bitch.

• dunno what school some of you come from, but friends ex's off limits...

I hereby give you express permission to holler at any and all of my exes.

(Hi, Dr#z!)

• It's a total case-by-case basis. I've got friends who would have serious problems if I hooked up with or dated one of their exes, regardless of whether or not they would tell me so. I've also got friends who couldn't care less, and would probably just crack the occasional "I got there first" joke. If your friendship is more important than the potential relationship w/ the girl, then you have to ask your friend if it's cool, and gauge his response based on what you know about him. Feelings are never cut and dry in these situations. [/hyper-sensitivity]

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    dunno what school some of you come from, but friends ex's off limits...

Most of the time you only really dig the girl because she's there, not because she's the answer to everything that you've always wanted.

A friend is always more special.

BUT, if everyone involved (you, your friend and the girl), is ok with it then it's probably fine.

Just keep in mind that she might just be doing this to hurt your friend tho.

• Do It Do It

• It's a total case-by-case basis. I've got friends who would have serious problems if I hooked up with or dated one of their exes, regardless of whether or not they would tell me so. I've also got friends who couldn't care less, and would probably just crack the occasional "I got there first" joke. If your friendship is more important than the potential relationship w/ the girl, then you have to ask your friend if it's cool, and gauge his response based on what you know about him. Feelings are never cut and dry in these situations. [/hyper-sensitivity]

This actually happened to me a while ago with a real close friend. His ex and I started fooling around a few weeks after they split and we kept it on the dl for a while. He found out though cause the one night I was spinning and he came up in there all fucked up and started mad shit with me in front a crowd of people. At one point the music stopped and the whole bar caught us screaming at eachover. We got into a bad fist fight later on in the night then i was like I FUCKED YOUR EX TODAY as the icing on the cake. He was heated for a while, but it made us stronger friends in the long run. Now he does the occasional how my dick taste routine.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    dunno what school some of you come from, but friends ex's off limits...

If you gotta ask then you already know there's something wrong about it.

• Damn...

People are so possessive! I'd say go fer it, but slowly, and don't rub it in your boys face or anywhere for that matter. RESPECT... Be mature and maturity will follow...even if it's just bunny fuckin.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    FEW WEEKS

is so key in this equation!!!

FEW WEEKS!!!!

if your friend has a problem w/ you getting his sloppy seconds, than you shouldnt be his friend.

endall.beall.