Jackson Sisters lp?

jazzman21jazzman21 287 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Hi. Can someone please tell me how I can tell the original lp from the reissue?

Comments

• The reissue is $1000 cheaper

• Thanks a lot! Anyone else?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    the reissue is real obvious... blinding white card stock, etc. I found a used copy of it in with a buncha vintage stuff and could tell even though I've never seen an orig before. Got pretty excited for about 5 seconds though...

• the reissue is real obvious... blinding white card stock, etc.

co-sign on this, real obvious, blurry/scanned cover art...

plus factor in the fact that original LP's are pretty non-existent. The album was scheduled to be released on 'tiger lily' records in 1976 but was withdrawn before the release, only a few promo copies went into circulation which now fetch up to about a grand a pop.

maybe you got lucky and found one of 'em, but I doubt it.

• My copy looks like this:

Jackson Sisters

• Besides I Believe In Miracles, is the rest of that LP actually any good?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Can someone post an mp3 of the simon harris version of I believe?

• is the rest of that LP actually any good?

nope.[/b] and 'miracles' is even a different, slower version. The single is the way to go in my opinion.

btw, thanks for the quick service on the 45 last week.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    is the rest of that LP actually any good?

nope.[/b] and 'miracles' is even a different, slower version. The single is the way to go in my opinion.

btw, thanks for the quick service on the 45 last week.

No love for Rock Steady?

• Besides I Believe In Miracles, is the rest of that LP actually any good?

"Shake Her Loose" is also a fine track to me. Rock Steady and Day In the Blue is also worth mentioning. But there's no doubt that miracles is the obvious stand out! the others don't reach that standard.

Mine is a japanese reish which is real obvious because it was japanese writting on front.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    My copy looks like this:

Jackson Sisters

Thats what it will look like regardless of whether its OG or bootleg

Have you ever seen one of the $8.99 bootlegs you can get shrinkwrapped in any store? Thats what it looks like. If you have experience digging through records, the glossiness of the sleeve, the feel, and weight should tip you off the moment you pick it up.