HBO TV shows(late pass related)

2»

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The Wire........

........is moving very slow this season

You tripping.

Shit is light speed compared to Season 3. And from what I've heard, this new season is "near perfect." (Apparently, a lot of folks I know got their hands on the entire season and have ran through it all in a few days. They all:

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    One of the best things about working for HBO is they play ALL the series all day long. Makes the lack of cable @ the house easier to deal with.

Epitafios (Argentina) & Mandrake (Brasil) are both also really good. Mandrake is packed full of some serious eye candy.

where do you work at hbo?
    i just started working on post-production at the sopranos so i stop by the santa monica offices about once a week

I work doing post (Audio) @ the facility in Sunrise, Florida. Been here for 4+ years off and on. We do all the Post, broadcasting, TQC, Master control and all that other good stuff for all the Latin American channels.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    what i dislike about the wire this year... the opening song. why did they change the singer? the new song sounds wack...

read an article that spoke about using more baltimore music to fit in with the scenes. i though that was cool...

im about to go and watch ep3 right now. on demand rules!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    The Wire........

........is moving very slow this season

The pace is what I have come to appreciate the most about the show, totally stands out from other dramas (especially any other crime shows) in that it is unafraid to take the long way and risk dawdling a bit to make the best impact.

Looking forward to more stuff in the schools...Pres has to be one of the most surprising characters on the show. Any other show woulda had him killing himself or something equally melodramatic after the events of season 3, instead they create one of their best story arcs using him as a key ingredient. Genius.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    what i dislike about the wire this year... the opening song. why did they change the singer? the new song sounds wack...

every season has a different version of that song.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I walked around the suburbs as Adebisi one Halloween.

You are my hero.

... how did you get the hat to stay on?

That part was tough, because I had to roll the cap up so much that I probably ended up looking more like a disheveled Black Jew, than what I originally intended.

"Welcome to the neighborhood!"

Which is actually more sad than funny because a week after we moved into that house as a child, somebody spray painted red swastikas on our garage door.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    i've heard good things about this season also and i see where they're going but its starting off like season two

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Well I'll agree with you on the season opener. Besides Carcetti I thought the 1st episode of the Wire was just so-so. The second episode brought back everything I love about the show however. Perhaps the best show EVER??? I can't think of another that captures a slice of America better.

every season has a different version of that song.

whoa... i really thought it was that older blues sounding one everytime. never really sat through each beginnings theme music. just assumed...

ep3 is pretty good. wont go into specifics but the opening scenes are hilarious. rest of the show is damn good too. my favorite so far...

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    Carnivale was my favorite, then OZ...Deadwood, The Wire, Lucky Louie, Entourage...

The problem I have with HBO is every show I like gets canned... Lucky Louie being the most recent (obviously along with Deadwood). I'm hearing ROME is right behind it. It's a shame also since they had an average of 1.2-1.5 million viewers a show. You'd think they'd be able to afford the low production costs of Lucky Louie, but I guess not. This is the last season of The Wire also isn't it? What the fuck is going to be left? lol.

what was it about lucky louie yall liked? i tried three episodes and thought it was some of the worst garbage ive ever seen. i didnt like the comedy at all. im not even sure this was a comedy...

dane cook is wack too.

if those two shows disappear i think its for the best... makes room for better shows.

did anyone try watching The Corner? baltimore related. pre-Wire i think. eh...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    there's one more season of the wire focusing on mass media and after that it's done

i havent watched the corner myself but i heard if you watched the wire first and then the corner, you will think the corner sucks

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    don't nobody tell me that they didn't laugh when they found out omar's new boyfriend was named reynaldo

• The Corner was great, for a mini-series, and a great precursor to The Wire. Mind you, this is all imho. The Corner made you see more than just the crackhead, and I thought it was well done. I mean, Corner and Wire are apples and oranges, but it was still great. I still don't think anything messes with Teh Wire though, although Sopranos and Six Feet Under are close seconds to favourites of mine. Mr. Show was also great. Not everyone's cup of tea, but great nonetheless.