The Beat Kings (Youtube Trailer)

PonyPony 2,283 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Not sure if this has been posted yet. Anyone have any inside info on this?

Comments

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    That looks dope.
    Anyone know if its out yet?

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Swizz Beats huh?
    Will he tell you the best way to jack your new keyboards demo beat
    and sell it to someone as your own?
    Otherwise the roster looks ALL-TIME!!!!!!!

• This drops Nov. 14th, and there will be a few screenings before hand (in NYC).

It's a project that Mathematics (DJ/In House producer for Wu Tang) has been working on for about 3 years, and it has interviews with URRYBODY, mostly in their own studios. But rather than explain it myself, here's a description from a recent press release:

BEAT KINGS: The History of Hip-Hop

Wu-Tang Clan DJ/Producer, Mathematics, reveals hip-hop???s biggest production secrets and stories with a new documentary featuring Kanye West, Just Blaze, Marley Marl and more!

New York, NY, Sept 1, 2006 -- Never before has there been such a comprehensive documentary about the art of beat making. DJ Mathematics (of the Wu-Tang Clan) reveals the science behind the origins of hip-hop music with the genre???s greatest producers in the all new DVD, BEAT KINGS: The History of Hip-Hop (Nature Sounds) available on November 14th, 2006 .

Beat Kings is a 66 minute film that gives the viewer an exclusive look into the architects behind the rhyme. Hear it first hand from the musical legends that shine light on Hip Hop???s brightest stars like Jay-Z, Biggie, and Nas. Beat Kings brings the public into the producers private studios as they reveal the secrets behind making hit records. Mathematics interviews stars like Kanye West, Just Blaze, Havoc (Mobb Deep), Trackmasters, Swizz Beatz, RZA, DJ Premier, Pete Rock, Marley Marl, Alchemist, David Banner, Easy Moe Bee, Prince Paul, and more as Beat Kings chronicles the history of beat making from its early beginnings into the 21st century.

Producers provide information on the equipment they use, how they learned how to use it, and how they developed their style. Veterans will take a look at this milestone DVD as a breath of fresh air, while newcomers will be able to learn the ropes from the legends themselves. Viewers will also have the privilege to hear the producers??? opinions on the current state of Hip Hop music, where hip-hop came from, and where it is going. Respect the Architects, respect the Beat Kings.

and also

• I'll also try to post up a 10 minute version of the trailer at some point in the near future.

• Is this coming out on DVD? (Sorry if that info was posted. I'm pressed for time!).

This movie will be in my collection.

• Yes. this is a DVD-only release (besides the screenings).