DEEVEEDEE Burning

meistromocomeistromoco 953 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Movies, not data...on a macCan someone walk me through this? I have downloaded Mac the Ripper and thought I had it all working, but I tried to burn a disc last night and it won't play (in my computer or my DVD player) Do I need a program to compress it before I burn it?I'm not the most tech-savy dude, but would really appreciate the help...thanks in advance

Comments

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    use mac the ripper to rip the dvd

simple

next in toast set the burn mode to UDF dvd

drag the folder ripper created onto toast

the disc should assume the tile of the folder and you will now see a folders called

VIDEO_TS

and AUDIO_TS

if ripper didnt make an audio folder create one and name it that (VERY IMPORTANT)

the audio folder is usually empty but you need it for the player

other important thing is al lthe folders and title of the disc must be in caps and with no spaces!!!!

now if someonme can point me to a free MAC program that can compress dvds to fit on one disc i would be VERY HAPPY!!!

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts

now if someonme can point me to a free MAC program that can compress dvds to fit on one disc i would be VERY HAPPY!!!

Have you tried http://www.dvd2one.com/ ?

• now if someonme can point me to a free MAC program that can compress dvds to fit on one disc i would be VERY HAPPY!!!

Have you tried http://www.dvd2one.com/ ?

Is this shit free? Does it work better than Popcorn?

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    The free trial will allow you to convert/compress 30 minutes of video. But you can always get the full version other ways........

• now if someonme can point me to a free MAC program that can compress dvds to fit on one disc i would be VERY HAPPY!!!

I've got Toast Titanium v7 and that compresses the AUDIO & VIDEO_TS files from Mac the ripper onto one DVD automatically. Just click on the 'Video' heading and select 'DVD-Video from VIDEO_TS' under 'Media', then make sure the 'Fit-to-DVD video compression' option is checked and you'll be good to go. The quality isn't as good as a OG DVD naturally, but it still looks pretty good to me and is much better than watching burned avi or mpeg files.