So I DJed this wedding this weekend...

kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
...and it was mine. I'm Hitched, Biatch!Recessing to "Soulful Strut"...smoochin' and toastin' my lovely bride...(btw- 3 button suit, flat front pants, no-button collar, and a full windsor.)...and droppin' the DOPE 45 set...Yo', even when you're the groom, the girls still come to flirt with you...That's Linda Lyndell "What a Man," on the table. Ended with the "What a Man/She's Not Just Another Woman," tandem for the groom/bride. (might actually have scored a DJ gig out of that one, too...our DJ dug it, and said I could come guest at his monthly. nice wedding present, that.)(oh, and we're working on the redeye...)Today was a special kind of hangover, though. what a crash after last night...When we got home at 2 this morning, I was so wasted, tired, and spent I decided to write a list of everything I could remember from the night on a piece of paper. This is what I got:-Got Married-Saw EveryonePretty much sums it up...

Comments

• -

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    congrats!

• That's hot (no Paris Hilton)!
    Congratulations dude.

Enjoy your honeymoon.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Congratulations man!!!

• :word Mucho conrats!!!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    That's hot (no Paris Hilton)!
    Congratulations dude.

Enjoy your honeymoon.

CONGRATS!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    YES!!

You've had a hell of a year, dude!

Congrats to you and the new bride.

And congrats on losing your virginity at last!

• That's beautiful. Congrats to you both.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Congrats foll!

• Mozel tov!

• Congrats!

(and nice ModChicago slipmats)

• Congratulations, and that you two may have a happy marriage!

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts

Congrats!

• Much congrats!!
    You've a beautiful bride.
    Now post your wedding party 45 set or your soft.

• Much congrats!!

• Congrats!

• Much congrats!!

I ain't got no mp3ing capabilities, so here is the set list:

You Got What I Need- Freddie Scott
    Baby, I Love You- Aretha
    A Love Like Yours Don't Come Knockin' Everyday- Martha & the Vandellas
    I Was Made To Love Her- Stevie
    You Hit the Spot- Aaron Collins
    Lover & A Friend- Eddie & Inez
    You Made a Believer Out of Me- Ruby Andrews
    What a Man- Linda Lyndell
    She's Not Just Another Woman- the 8th Day

Gotta say, and I may be preaching to the choir, but having a DJ spinning soul and all really made the night (obviously, this was what we were going for.) But, not just the kids got into it- a lot of the grown folks got out to cut a rug. And, for any DJs who may be getting married, I highly encourage dropping your own 25min. set in there. It gave the night a personal touch, and the people reeeeeeallly got into it.

• She's Not Just Another Woman- the 8th Day

Good call.

• wifes pretty fine.

• And, for any DJs who may be getting married, I highly encourage dropping your own 25min. set in there. It gave the night a personal touch, and the people reeeeeeallly got into it.

My wife and I each dropped 25 minute sets at our wedding. Our friends were all expecting it, but the families got a huge kick out of it.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    And, for any DJs who may be getting married, I highly encourage dropping your own 25min. set in there. It gave the night a personal touch, and the people reeeeeeallly got into it.

My wife and I each dropped 25 minute sets at our wedding. Our friends were all expecting it, but the families got a huge kick out of it.

Congrats.

The decks were in the extremely capable hands of NevilleC, Secret Chimp and Birdman at ours.

• She's Not Just Another Woman- the 8th Day

Good call.

her favorite...hence, set closer. and, the meaning is nice, too.

• Congratulations Ga**th!!

Many happy wishes for you and the new Mrs. KitchenKnight!

• Congrats Gareth!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    wifes pretty fine.

Yet another classy post from you.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

Gotta say, and I may be preaching to the choir, but having a DJ spinning soul and all really made the night (obviously, this was what we were going for.) But, not just the kids got into it- a lot of the grown folks got out to cut a rug. And, for any DJs who may be getting married, I highly encourage dropping your own 25min. set in there. It gave the night a personal touch, and the people reeeeeeallly got into it.

I hired a DJ for my wedding last year, with the following requirements: all vinyl, 60's/70's/80's soul/funk and dude killed it. Everybody still comments on that being a real highlight, not that the rest sucked, but it was awesome.

• Bump this thread for dudes asking about wedding dj's.

I had the homie as*f (paperstax) dj my wedding last year, and in addition to all the other rad things about the night- I always get told by people how good the dj was.

The wife wanted "all you need is love" to play last, and dude spun it back, yelled rewind on the mike and dj nerds rejoiced.

no electric slide.