Tony Joe White is playing at our store rat now!!!!

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
playin' "Rainy Night In Georgia" rat now!!! A Real Dude if there ever was one....

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Ask for "Soul Fransisco"

• doin an improvised fuzz/wah jam out of "Polk Salad Annie" rat now!

• where is he set up in the store ?

only 20 showed up in dc for his gig
    people are sleeping !

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Ask for "Would You Wear a Garter Belt"

• where is he set up in the store ?

only 20 showed up in dc for his gig
    people are sleeping !

we had a tent set up in the parking lot...as you know..no room in here!

• Last time I saw him was in a small club with about 60 people, just him and his drummer, and he just did requests the whole night and dropped some really wigged out fuzz wah-wah stuff on a few numbers as well playing some beautiful tunes like Rainy night... Whompt Out In You turned into a 10 minute funky feedback fuzz apocalypse that was incredible. People really are sleeping on him, if you get the chance go see him. Awesome voice and great guitar.

• Stud Spider ?!?

dude ..

• People really are sleeping on him, if you get the chance go see him. Awesome voice and great guitar.

If only he played Chicago regularly, I'd be so there!!!

Got a grip of his elpees (even his pseudo-disco album on Casablanca - surprisingly good!), and even interviewed him once (still got the tape!), but have YET to see him live.

(Have y'all seen that Youtube clip of TJW and Johnny Cash on The Johnny Cash Show, duetting on "Polk Salad Annie?" )

• DUDE OF ALL DUDES

Serious guitar strap action! I would keep extra pics in the snakes mouth. You can't tell but the snake has a gold grill!

I wanted to get a picture with him but I guess this will have to do. Temporary TJW sound man!

• DUDE OF ALL DUDES

IN FRONT OF the STORE !!!
    i hope some people showed up

• about 60 or so folks showed up...good times!