Wha happened to MOP?

LordNOLordNO 202 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Any News? Any of yall got some insider info? Did Mobb Deep's flop on G-Unit records put dudes on hold? Are they too NY? (Lil Fame has one of the great rap lisps but country drawl it is not) The Warriors Lp had 'Ante Up', easily their biggest hit? I mean .... ?????

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Any News? Any of yall got some insider info? Did Mobb Deep's flop on G-Unit records put dudes on hold? Are they too NY? (Lil Fame has one of the great rap lisps but country drawl it is not) The Warriors Lp had 'Ante Up', easily their biggest hit? I mean .... ?????

There's something floating around the net called "Ghetto Warfare", which purports to be the unreleased album they did for the Roc. It's got that "Put It In The Air" joint with Jay-Z that was a 12" a couple of years back, as well as some things that turned up on mixtapes, like "Live From Ground Zero" and "Roc La Familia". It's not as good as "Warriorz" for me, but it's got some great stuff on it. They're supposed to be doing a new album for release on Koch. There's a surprise.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Elevens mixtape "Fight Music" which is straight MOP tracks is whats really good. i dont know where its sold but its my favorite CD at the moment.

• It's a crime that these guys don't get more shine.

• It's a crime that these guys don't get more shine.

Co-sign.

They'll never turn that "corner" peoples been waiting for.

Next up at G-Unit...............LLCOOLJ.

Shit is ridiculous.

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    well teflons album is in the making as stated by premo on his myspace page.. but yea i wonder when they drop they're g(ay)-unit records album..
    that mobb deep was not-my-taste

• They're supposed to be doing a new album for release on Koch. There's a surprise.

An MOP album on Koch would be fiyahhh!! all the same.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    There's something floating around the net called "Ghetto Warfare", which purports to be the unreleased album they did for the Roc. It's got that "Put It In The Air" joint with Jay-Z that was a 12" a couple of years back, as well as some things that turned up on mixtapes, like "Live From Ground Zero" and "Roc La Familia". It's not as good as "Warriorz" for me, but it's got some great stuff on it. They're supposed to be doing a new album for release on Koch. There's a surprise.

Plaese to post??

Just based on those three tracks I'd question its authenticity: 2 Roc promo's and a Columbia 12". Possibly just a bunch of stray tracks from a few years back cobbled togther.

I'd still like to hear though.

Their version of I'll Whip Ya Head Boy wasn't bad.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Plaese to post??

Just based on those three tracks I'd question its authenticity: 2 Roc promo's and a Columbia 12". Possibly just a bunch of stray tracks from a few years back cobbled togther.

I'd still like to hear though.

Their version of I'll Whip Ya Head Boy wasn't bad.

I've got it as a .rar file on my PC at work. I'll try to yousendit tomorrow morning - one of the girls at work is leaving, and we'll almost certainly be spending the afternoon in the pub, which means I'll miss Record Day, so it'd be good to chip in with that.

It hangs together like a legit album, though. There's a couple of funny-ish skits and the obligatory girlie-r&b chorus joint. I thought most of the beats on "Warriorz" were fucking treemendo, and like I said, I'm not sure this is as good, but there's plenty of quality First Family moments.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Their version of "I'll Whip Ur Head" wasn't just NOT BAD, shit was straight

Honestly I thought they had a much better chance of dropping heat with G-Unit than Mobb Deep did with G-Unit. They sounded good balanced with a polite 50 Cent hook about how people will piss on your tombstone.

• Reppin the 718 dangerously...