Food Threads for LIFE!

jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
im not as computer savvy as the rest of you so i dont save stuff and go pop it back up on soulstrut a year later like "GOT IT!" anyway... weve had some great food threads here about where to eat in what city, blah blah blah. i was wondering if anyone kept the info from those threads that we had? specifically Bay Area ones.this all came about cause we have some friends coming into town and local cats were talking about eating at bong su vietnamese restaurant and its EXACTLY like slanted door just not as good. i remember oliver and brian and some other cats talking about different pho and vietnamese spots to eat and thought id post this up to check.or maybe we should have a permanent food/travel catagory. we talk about food and "where are the record stores?" so many times... maybe its time we stopped answering those questions over and over again and just have something that stays.....or ill just take new restaurant ideas from local Bay folks. im bored with the restaurants i go to now...

Comments

• or maybe we should have a permanent food/travel catagory. we talk about food and "where are the record stores?" so many times... maybe its time we stopped answering those questions over and over again and just have something that stays...

Not a bad idea to have a seperate forum for this.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    pho: turtle tower

italian: delfina (credit goes to ro$$)

seafood: swan oyster depot

there are the ultra bourgie spots like fifth floor and such but I don't think you're interested in that.

• italian: delfina (credit goes to ro$$)

Surprised you yourself hadn't been knowing about this, it's one of the city's best known/written about restaurants.

I am interested to know how you felt about your dining experience, I know the food's good but the atmosphere can be a bit - airplanehangueresque. From what I've heard walking by.

My pop lives around the corner though. Stupid that I haven't been.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

or maybe we should have a permanent food/travel catagory. we talk about food and "where are the record stores?" so many times... maybe its time we stopped answering those questions over and over again and just have something that stays...

Not a bad idea to have a seperate forum for this.

and on a similar note:

what do you NY dudes know about Nobu 57? A friend of mine just started working there, and apparently im meant to know about the place...?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I can't bat 1.000 now can I? Alas, I didn't manage to squeeze in delfina, time constraints. It's #1 on my to do list, that trippa alla fiorentina be callin me. Next time, next time....

anyway, we should grab something to chomp next time I'm in ny.

now for jinx....

turtle tower

swan

• anyway, we should grab something to chomp next time I'm in ny.

For sure. I'm pissed I wasn't at the shop that day, partially because I would've loved to drive out to Di Fara with yall.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    aser - its a party of 10 of us. will those spots have room for us? were going out for an engagement dinner. trying to do $15-25 plates.

...and i really do think there could be a lot of worth in having a section dedicated to food and travel here on the board. were all some eating ass muhfukers. cheap and good or expensive and good. we talk about wine and beer here once every three months or so. we talk about when youre in seattle, chicago, atlanta, etc where to go dig, club, shop, etc. just saying... it would be well used! over time folks can add on new spots or mention when spots have moved on to a new location or closed completely.

...as awesome as our katrina sales went i think thats a dead forum now. save some space...

• ...and i really do think there could be a lot of worth in having a section dedicated to food and travel here on the board. were all some eating ass muhfukers. cheap and good or expensive and good. we talk about wine and beer here once every three months or so. we talk about when youre in seattle, chicago, atlanta, etc where to go dig, club, shop, etc. just saying... it would be well used! over time folks can add on new spots or mention when spots have moved on to a new location or closed completely.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    turtle tower should be fine, but it certainly doesn't have any ambiance to say the least. It's a let's eat and run kinda spot, like most vietnamese establishments.

delfina is quite a busy resaturant, however, if you book ahead in time, then you should be able to procure a table of that size. Booking ahead meaning not days, but several weeks in advance. Give them a call to see what's up.

Incanto is another option for italian.

any other cuisines you're particularly fond of?

jp = you could've saved d#mien from ruining another t w/ his man titty sweat if you drove us to difara's. HAH........but yes we are on next time I'm there.