edited September 2006 in Strut Central
I'm just saying.

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Fuck, NOW you tell me.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah, my bad dude.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I just watched a movie about a gatling gun with Carmina Burana.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    I guess I'll quit now....

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah.

Check out these gatling guns, man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AElib2BPf-g

Meh, I never really made a whole lot of money out of it anyway. I'm just in a situation where I would really, really like to make some before, oh, say October 1.

I saw some shit on the Discovery channel the other day about this Greek inventor named Hero who made a Gatling Gun (that shot arrows instead of bullets, naturally) thousands of years before the Gatling Gun was invented. It was pretty crazy. Those Greeks, dude, they knew some shit.

• and New York is no longer an artist friendly town.

• you gotta find a place with a low cost of living

West Bumblefuck, Pennsyltucky?

I tried that and it only works if you make lawn art.

I tried that and it only works if you make lawn art.

What about those black, plywood silhouettes that people have propped up in front of their houses all over New Jersey???

• What about those black, plywood silhouettes that people have propped up in front of their houses all over New Jersey???

Or the ones that show some fat ass bending over working in the garden.

• What about those black, plywood silhouettes that people have propped up in front of their houses all over New Jersey???

Not as disturbing as the thingys that look like a little kid playing hide and seek. I think they must be some kind of secret signal for the pedophile underground.

Not as disturbing as the thingys that look like a little kid playing hide and seek. I think they must be some kind of secret signal for the pedophile underground.

Oh shit yeah, those are creepy, as a matter of fact all lawn art is creepy.

• Re: CANT MAKE MONEY FROM MUSIC/ART ANYMORE

When I tell someone that I make music, 90% of the time the subject shifts towards "making" it. "Do you make a lot of money doing that?"

I have never counted on art to earn me a living, and I am convinced that is why I enjoy art so much. If I am playing making music for any reason other than my enjoyment of it (and doing it because it is important to me), then I have the cart before the horse.

It is easier to make money mowing lawns than playing music, and the likelyhood of supporting yourself as a musician is very low. The satisfaction of making music is unique, and that should be enough by itself, or you will remain perpetually dissatisfied.

I love making music. I am willing to work a job to support it, like a wife and children, and I think expecting it to support me would be a fantasy. Because I hang no expectatoins on it, I can do whatever I want with it, without those decisions affecting my rent money.

• If you put a gatling gun in a movie, it becomes instantly watchable.

• If you put a gatling gun in a movie, it becomes instantly watchable.

Otherwise know as The Wild Bunch Effect

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    This thread is important because it a) raises the issue of making money doing art, b) brought Bambouche into the fray, and c) addresses the importance of galting gun discussion.

ADD THIS TO YOU SO CALLED "PET PEEVES" THREAD.

• Did someone make a figure of Jesse Ventura's character in "Predator?"

"Goddamn buncha slack-jawed f*****s. This stuff'll make you a sexual Tyranosaurus Rex. Just like me."

• So I think you have your answer.

The Rub needs Gatling Guns, and Bambouche.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I am not talking about chicken and gravy, my friend.

• I make all my money from music/art. Sounds like somebodys game needs to "GET TO STEPPIN"

• I make all my money from music/art. Sounds like somebodys game needs to "GET TO STEPPIN"

I saw your name in on the post list on this thread and thought...oh he posted that OST cover with Bardot and that other hottie and the gattling gun...

I will look for that cover at home, I have it in a soundtrack album cover book, cannot remember the name of the movie to save my life, but it has to be the hottest gattling gun pic evar!

• VIVA MARIA

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Mark you and Hook Up made my day with that. That is one bad gatling gun.

And yo, don't get it fucked up. Just because I said "CANT MAKE MONEY FROM MUSIC/ART ANYMORE" doesn't mean that I'm not rolling like your boy here.

• wow. Viva Maria. the mind boggles.

thanks for posting that.

Re: CANT MAKE MONEY FROM MUSIC/ART ANYMORE

When I tell someone that I make music, 90% of the time the subject shifts towards "making" it. "Do you make a lot of money doing that?"

I have never counted on art to earn me a living, and I am convinced that is why I enjoy art so much. If I am playing making music for any reason other than my enjoyment of it (and doing it because it is important to me), then I have the cart before the horse.

It is easier to make money mowing lawns than playing music, and the likelyhood of supporting yourself as a musician is very low. The satisfaction of making music is unique, and that should be enough by itself, or you will remain perpetually dissatisfied.

I love making music. I am willing to work a job to support it, like a wife and children, and I think expecting it to support me would be a fantasy. Because I hang no expectatoins on it, I can do whatever I want with it, without those decisions affecting my rent money.

Actually, I feel you on this. Music has never been my means of paying rent and putting food on the table, and I'm quite wary about making it such due to the reasons you list above. But at the moment, my situation is such that I could use some musical income to make sure I can pay October's rent. I kinda wish I hadn't avoided networking and all the other "business" aspects of music I don't like and therefore tend to dodge, but oh well.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I make all my money from music/art. Sounds like somebodys game needs to "GET TO STEPPIN"

You failed to mention that you are willing to compromise your music/art for the benjamins, however

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    you gotta find a place with a low cost of living

i agree with this statement. that's why i moved to richmond. places with DC's cost of living and up have things happening on an amazing level. however, the past five years i have seen the cost of living outpace comensation 10:1--moy just in the arts. and wait 'till you consider babies. medium cities are the new shit.