Options

Peace to my man..(5 yrs. gone related)

edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Ribcage tattoo of my favorite photo of my brother...Dude at a barbecue a few weeks before he passed away... My brother is on the left, the guy on the right was killed in a fire in 2001 as well, on Father's Day no less (NY heads might remember that, in Astoria at a hardware store where three firemen total were killed). My brother was the one who found his friend's body in the basement of the store that day, dude passed out from smoke and drowned I think. They were good friends, I love this photo. Only time my brother and I ever said "I love you" (even though it was in that Budweiser kind of way) was the night this photo was taken on St. Patricks Day 2001...Ignore the dudes in the background, they're chumps.Peter Max raer... Have a nice day today, it's gorgeous out in NY.

Comments

• Peace M***...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hey duder.

It is a beautiful day in New York. I'm wearing my shirt too (like I told you.)

• Peace M***...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'll be thinking of you and your family today, Sween.

It's been five years, and I still don't even have the words.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    R.I.P.

You just took all the stress away at work, cause you just now reminded me what life is all about.

Peace to you & your family on this difficult date.

Billy

• May your brother (and all other victims) Rest In Peace.

• May your brother (and all other victims) Rest In Peace.

• Definitely been thinking about you a lot lately, Sween. I hope you're well.

Also been thinking about my dude Karleton Fyfe who was on one of the flights from Boston (and the wonderful wife and son/son on the way he left behind).

Peace, Homie.

• I'm at a loss of words, but let me add a peace to you and your family, Sween.

• This is still just as heavy as the day it happend.

RIPsweenSr.

A friend of mine from UVM died on this day as well. Eric Ropeauteaux (sp?). Anyway he was one of the sicker breakdancers I had ever seen. Amazing street skater as well. He was a digger as well and put me up on some stuff back in the day. He got a job as a mail guy through his neighbor, who also died, in Cantor Fitz two days before the attacks.

RIP.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Peace to you and yours Sweendizzy, and everyone who lost someone. This day is hard for everyone, even if you haven't lost someone close.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I'll be thinking of you today, Sween.

It's been five years, and I still don't even have the words.

• Rest In Peace.

Much respect and love to you and the family Sween.

• Rest In Peace.

• my heart breaks for you and the family.

i sat in the truck on west broadway early wednesday morning, waiting for a freight elevator operator, and started crying--as the result of letting myself think about all of it a little too much a little too early in the morning. after stifling the tears, i wondered if you were on a verizon pole somewhere nearby, doing the same.

my heart breaks for you.
    peace to your man. 5 years gone.

• I still get choked up, five years later... you know what it is, Big Sween. Peace to you and the fam, my man.

• rest in peace

• my heart breaks for you and the family.

A good number of firemen were just down the street at the church, presumably for a ceremony there. I thought again of you and your family and just hope that you all keep your heads high. Your brother died in honor and the rest of us can only hope that we have the opportunity to give of ourselves in such a noble way.

Rest In Peace to all of those who passed on this terrible day.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Peace to you and your family, sween.

f

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    stay strong.
    my thoughts are with you today.
    understanding how deeply one can feel and remember personal loss....

peace.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    Rest In Peace.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Sween, words are not enough. Know that you and your family are in our thoughts today.
    Peace to everyone. Stay strong.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I lost a childhood friend "Jamesy" Suozzo at the WTC.

My thoughts are with his, Sween's and all the victims families today and every other day for eternity.

R.I.P.

• Damn man.....my eyes are welling up as we speak. I don't even know what to say.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Big Sween,

Thank you for sharing the pictures and stories with us. I can't imagine losing a brother. My cousins Michael(fireman) and Jimmy(policeman) were on their way to the towers from New Jersey right before the towers went down. I will be thinking of you, your brother and family today.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Sween,

God bless you and your family. May your brother rest in peace. I can't even imagine what it felt like to lose your brother. My heart goes out to you and your family, other families victimized by the WTC attacks, and those who loss their lives on that tragic day.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Rest In Peace.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I can't imagine the devastation I would have felt if I lost my younger brother or sister in such tragic events.

Rest in peace to your brother and all other people on this board who may have lost someone on this day. I'm sure you're carrying a piece of them with you. Much love.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i am thinking of you and yours and i am hugging you.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    It probably doesn't get any easier around this time of the year as media coverage gets more overboard with each progressive year. We're all thinking of you and everybody that has felt the ripple of these tragic events.