whats fun to do in Ocean City, MD?

mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
I'm actually leaving town for a couple days! I checked DizzyBull's post on Assateague a while back and yall posted a link to what looks like a truly awful club.is there anything fun to do in Ocean City?records would be cool, but looking for other stuff too...dope food spots? anything for a vegetarian?thanks in advance

Comments

• rayray 77 Posts
    ...I've actually leaving Ocean City tonight. Came out to visit the fam and spend some time at the beach. Had a great time, although it got a little too cold yesterday so we packed it up early.

...I'm guessing the club you're talking about was Seacrets?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    My wife tells me that she had fun smoking angel dust in Ocean City one night twenty years ago. So I guess I would look for a dealer.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Jolly Rogers!!!

• Do what I do, get high, play video games, drink beer, eat some Thrashers Fries, Funnel Cake, take a ride in the cheesy ass haunted house, go gawk at all the red-necks, rent a Jet Ski, buy a trick kite, oh and go get your Olde Time Western Photograph on the boardwalk..

• Come on yall, Seacrets is far from weak. I still wholeheartedly endorse going there or maybe the "Party Block"

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts
    play video games
    eat some Thrashers Fries
    play video games
    eat some Thrashers Fries
    play video games
    eat some Thrashers Fries

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Come on yall, Seacrets is far from weak. I still wholeheartedly endorse going there or maybe the "Party Block"

I don't know man.... It was pretty wack when I went!

Thats all I did there, so I can't really offer any advice....

• Come on yall, Seacrets is far from weak. I still wholeheartedly endorse going there or maybe the "Party Block"

I don't know man.... It was pretty wack when I went!

Thats all I did there, so I can't really offer any advice....

Well, the setup has promise, (outdoors sections on the bay-side beach!!,) and it's been known to feature many a good time for me. I'm sorry your experience lacked........it's just that OC doesn't offer fun spots where cool heads and Raer Grooves meet Roy Ayers-esque "Sunshine" floating so close it's practically giving you a lap dance. You've gotta roll with the punches and take it to the reggae room in the S. Just ignore the sausage.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Damn does the big arcade on the boardwalk still have all the classic pinball games??? Its probably been over 10 years since I was there...

Thrashers fries though, thats a trip

• I've been to Ocean City once in my life. I'd tell you what I did for fun I was there in 1977 or so when I was 3 so I don't quite remember. Somehow I bet the city's a bit different now too. Probably fewer bell bottoms, less disco and not as many mustard yellow cars.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    i've spent many a weekend in the OC.. it's all about the people you're with, beer, crabs/fries and chilling on the boardwalk/beach. steer clear of the clubs unless you want to overload on sausage and drunken beckys..

• drunken beckys..
    This ain't always a bad thing.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Look for the world's worst Michael Jackson-impersonating street performer.

• Rusty pretty much pinned it down on the OC experience. Cali got nothing on us.

So many unforgettable sights on the boardwalk too...

you got: -Drunken, over-tanned, homeless Elvis.... you havn't experienced true OC until you've experienced Drunk Elvis.

-The 'No shirt Karate guy' (with his karate book wedged in the front of his pants)

- The Jesus sand sculptures

-Jolly Rogers

-OC Skatepark (my personal favorite)

-and yes, Seacrets can be really fun if you know how to make it. Bring your own crew and you'll have a blast.

-Last, the best spot to eat crabs and drink beer is s spot called Crab Shack owned by local skaters and surfers. somewhere around 40th street. Looks like a dive and pretty much is, but definitely one of the best local spots to hang back.

hollur.

• Last time I was in Ocean City I got food poisoning, so my list of fun things to do there would begin with NOT throwing up.

Have fun!

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

- The Jesus sand sculptures

forgot about that dude! if you're lucky enough to catch him at work, you could easily spend a few hours staring at jesus sand. plus he's usually near the big arcade..

btw, didn't hooper's burn down? that place was the end all be all of all you can eat crabs, corn, beer and shrimp

• -OC Skatepark (my personal favorite)

Man....hell yeah.

• - The Jesus sand sculptures

forgot about that dude! if you're lucky enough to catch him at work, you could easily spend a few hours staring at jesus sand. plus he's usually near the big arcade..

btw, didn't hooper's burn down? that place was the end all be all of all you can eat crabs, corn, beer and shrimp

A friend of mine was in the drunk tank with a guy who bellyflopped one of those jesus sand sculptures.

• -Last, the best spot to eat crabs and drink beer is s spot called Crab Shack owned by local skaters and surfers. somewhere around 40th street. Looks like a dive and pretty much is, but definitely one of the best local spots to hang back.

correction. the name of the spot is called "Belly Busters". I have no idea why i said "Crab Shack". But yeah, Belly Busters is the real deal. Much love goes to that place. If you havn't checked it out, you definitely gotta. If the good food and cheap beer don't sell you then i bet the hot ass surfer waitresses will.