Any Cats Out There Nice with the Household Chores?

2»

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Nag champions.

Nag champions.

Nag champions.

Nag champions.

Nag champions.

2nd best thing I've heard all week

Oh yeah, I clean up around my house and I cook for whoever's around. I don't really have a favorite dish, I like trying new shit. I've got a hand for it. When I did live with wifey we were pretty evenly matched.

Trying to learn my wines though... that's tough (and fun... *burp*)

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I cook and clean regularly. My wife contributes to both as well but Im the Master
    of the Kitchen. Roast Duck. Wok stir fry. African American,Asian,Scandanavian,North African,Puerto-Rican,Brazilian,and Classic American Cuisines I can rock. My cookin game is what got my wife. I was far from the sloppy bachelor when I met the old lady. Clean and Pristine.

• gruntgravelgruntgravel 559 Posts
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I got a little nag going on with a little heavy metal Be-Bop spinning by the bothers brecker, and the landscapers just showed up to install the new front yard design. I'm fired up.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    1. What domestic chores do you perform regularly?

-I do the dishes, feed the fish, water the plants, sweep, mop/swiffer, dust, vacuum, laundry (shared), iron, tidy up here and there.

2. Do you cook?

-Yes

3. If you cook, what's your best dish.

-Salmon, Trout, Tuna, etc. type dishes. Been making a lot of Bulgar lately too. My fav dish to make (though not necessarily best) is my N'Awlins Alligator Pasta. Ooh and Sushi too. been rolling my own sushi now for a few months.

4. How would your "significant other" rate your domestic skills?

-im blingtastic! i actually do most of the work around the house. except for the bathroom cause it hurts my back to clean the tub.

5. What are some of your domestic quirks (i.e., fluffy-type things you do to make the crib a little nicer that your cats might clown you about)?

-open the windows to air out the apt every day.
    -im a pillow fluffer so i do that to the pillows on the beds and the couch.
    -bleach the sinks, toilets and tub once a month .
    -being that i work from home, i clean up and put on fresh gear before the woman comes home from work. gotta look presentable so i dont look like a slob.
    -i do fragrance candles cause i dislike incense... makes me nauseous and throw-up.
    -buy flowers for the tables to pretty up the apt.

im hella domesticated...

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    -replace towels daily, even if they haven' been used, always use downey freshener for the washer as well as dryer sheets
    Not to knock the hustle Guzzo, but this is a waste of water.

I'm the designated dish washer (no appliance either, I'm talkin old school) and kitchen cleaner. I also do laundry every other week or so, I sweep sometimes, dust sometimes and rarely mop (these 3 are the wifey's designated jobs) We do the bathroom 1/2 and 1/2. I'm the one who straightens and tidys throughout the week too. I'm the primary cook as well, and of course I do all the "man shit".

2. Do you cook?
    yes. Best dish is pretty much anything mexican from calabacitas to turkey tacos to quesadillas (not a mission brand w/ american cheese in the microwave either dudes) I'm an improvisatory cook too. Hardley ever use a recepie (well a lot from memory I guess) It's like Iron Chef for me man, I just open fridge/cupboard and whip some shit up, w/ whatever is available.

Pretty highly I think, she loves my cooking.

5. What are some of your domestic quirks (i.e., fluffy-type things you do to make the crib a little nicer that your cats might clown you about)?
    Hmm... none that I can think of.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Regularly? Not a gottam thing! If I see the wife slackin' in some area I'll get disgusted and step in with the dusting or window washing or whatever.

2. Do you cook?

Yes, if you want to call it cooking. It always involves a microwave.

3. If you cook, what's your best dish.

Beef franks & vegeterian beans (also Marie Callender Honey Roasted Chicken dinners, egg whites & turkey bacon on a hot dog roll and also turkey bacon microwaved and slapped on top of a Wendy's classic single)

She would say that I don't do shit (and I don't, I just try not to make any excess mess), but I do clean up after myself after using dishes or trimming my beard, etc. And I do my own laundry- can't trust anybody else to handle all those played out $300 throwbacks.

Now, how do I rate HER skills? She's gotten much better, I must admit- at the beginning she was a straight up disaster with all the domestic duties. She tried to whip me into shape and get me to do a lot of the domestic shit, but ya know me- NOT HAVIN' IT. She still ain't very thorough with the cleaning, but I can't complain.

I flush immediately after each terd drops so that the smell won't sit in the bowl for too long, thereby funking up the whole upstairs area (and possibly the entire house- I have very powerful bowel movements).

Yo Phill,

You gotta get your weight up on the chores, bro! You know how the wives catch feelins when we slack off in the crib. I was a total slob when I lived alone, but my wife (I admit) trained me well. I do shit my mother had to nag me to do on the regular now. Maybe it's p***y power, who knows? Helping with the cleaning definitely helps keep the peace.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Nag champion

Self proclaimed title?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Nag champions.

Nag champions.

Nag champions.

Nag champions.

Nag champions.

2nd best thing I've heard all week

I also liked Birdman's "Neatnik".

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Yo Phill,

You gotta get your weight up on the chores, bro! You know how the wives catch feelins when we slack off in the crib. I was a total slob when I lived alone, but my wife (I admit) trained me well. I do shit my mother had to nag me to do on the regular now. Maybe it's p***y power, who knows? Helping with the cleaning definitely helps keep the peace.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Naw, I was real straight with the missus when she wanted us to get a house- "I don't have time to be cleanin' this big ass house all the time, so most of it's gonna be on you, boo". She wanted a house, so she had to go along with it. I know she didn't really want to, but a deal is a deal! Besides, it's the other way around with us- I'm pretty neat (in some ways, anyway), my wife used to be a TOTAL slob before we got married! If I start doing too much housework, believe me, she will fall back and just make all kinds of mess and expect me to clean it up. You know the rules, dude... no slackin' on yo' mackin' or you will get got, even by the good ones!
    For real, though.. I am gonna step my housecleaning game up because I've been so busy lately that I haven't done shit in this crib for a minute. Can't let it all fall on the little lady, I guess. I really need to just hire a damn housekeeper!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Yo Phill,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Naw, I was real straight with the missus when she wanted us to get a house- "I don't have time to be cleanin' this big ass house all the time, so most of it's gonna be on you, boo". She wanted a house, so she had to go along with it. I know she didn't really want to, but a deal is a deal! Besides, it's the other way around with us- I'm pretty neat (in some ways, anyway), my wife used to be a TOTAL slob before we got married! If I start doing too much housework, believe me, she will fall back and just make all kinds of mess and expect me to clean it up. You know the rules, dude... no slackin' on yo' mackin' or you will get got, even by the good ones!

For real, though.. I am gonna step my housecleaning game up because I've been so busy lately that I haven't done shit in this crib for a minute. Can't let it all fall on the little lady, I guess. I really need to just hire a damn housekeeper!

Hey Phill,

I don't think wifey would be too happy about a maid like that (DAMN!!!). I help out cause it's the right thing to do and I don't wanna hear the riff. I can hear her now, "P*****k, I need to talk to you about something", with my usual thought bubble, "Oh shit, what did I do now?".

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak
    stratasphere

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    "P*****k, I need to talk you about something", with my usual thought bubble, "Oh shit, what did I do now?".

now THERE's one for the other thread! That drives me crazy, and I have instructed my wife, under no circumstances is she to ever use the phrase "We need to talk". Just start talking, please. Don't give me an anxiety attack about something being dreadfully wrong, only to find out your Mom needs a ride to work or something.