Anybody seen these here DVD's?

ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Anyone seen these? Are most of the performances live? A lot of it looks like it could be some of the same stuff on the Beat DVD's.

Comments

• I find something funny about the fact that nobody on Soulstrut has watched or hearded anything about 2 DVD's entitled..."LEGENDS OF RAER SOUL."

• i'd be reluctant to buy those just because they give the impression of poor quality footage... i may be totally wrong and would actually enjoy watching those.. but judging by the artwork, i'd say those look rather homemade.

• It says on the back that the quality varies from song to song. I just want to know if they are live performances or lip-synced.

• I find something funny about the fact that nobody on Soulstrut has watched or hearded anything about 2 DVD's entitled..."LEGENDS OF RAER SOUL."
    Strutters just ain't checking for it. You should of jazzed up the title; dupe everyone to think the thread was raunchy
    (J/K)

The youtube clips that you posted in the Female Soul Thread...did they come from this DVD? I hope you say yes.

• The youtube clips that you posted in the Female Soul Thread...did they come from this DVD? I hope you say yes.

It looks like the Betty Lavette video would be on these DVD's but I wouldn't know...I haven't seen these! The Barbara Lynn footage is on the "BEAT" DVD series that Bear Family put out. Kinda expensive but well worth the cash! Barbara is on Vol. 2 of the series.

• Who's selling that? I slept on it on Ebay a while back and wanted to get it. The quality/source varies. Some of it is from Shindig, Hullabaloo, stuff like that. The clips i've seen look like 2nd/3rd generation copies, but considering the rarity of most of it, I'd buy.

• I found them offa a link on www.bedazzled.tv...awesome site, lots of scopitones and weird little clips. check bedazzled show #1 for the most INSANE Everley Bros. footage you have ever seen....breakbeats and Phil screamin', nuts.

• I found them offa a link on www.bedazzled.tv...awesome site, lots of scopitones and weird little clips. check bedazzled show #1 for the most INSANE Everley Bros. footage you have ever seen....breakbeats and Phil screamin', nuts.

That's where I saw the clips. Spike's a cool dude.