My IPOD went through the wash! but.......

catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
The shit still works!At first it was fucked and didn't do anything when I tried to turn it on, I plugged in the cable and it started flashing like it was possessed.I went online and read a couple stories of people who had a similar thing happen, anyhow... I took the thing apart with a flathead screwdriver (probably not a good idea, but oh well) , and I could see the inside was still wet from all the water and soap. I put a bunch of rice (to eliminate condensation) in a tupperware and stuck the ipod right in the middle of it all and then put it directly under a light for 24 hrs. I took it out, shook all the rice out, put it back together and the fucker turned on with full battery and all of my songs still intact!The reason I am posting this is so Real Headz Know The Deal if this ever happens to you.I have a 30GB Video ipod too, not one of those nanos that can snap like a pretzel.Oh, and no I didn't put it in the wash, my girlfriend did.

Comments

• Oh, and no I didn't put it in the wash, my ex-girlfriend[/b] did.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    well.. i tend to be the forgiving type , so I held off on any feelings of resentment and I'm glad i did because I'm bumpin some Xingu Combo on the subway later.

I had to use that gremlin.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    you should have told her you couldnt fix it, made her buy you a new one, then took the new one back and pocketed the 300 bucks.

Daaaamn! Soulstrut muthafuckas are cold as ice[/b] up in this bitch!

Actually, I think we need a gremlin for 'cold as ice'. it is useful in many situations.

• Oh, and no I didn't put it in the wash, my girlfriend did.

one word: backhander.

• That is some never forgive action.

I think some foot rubs are in order.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    That is some never forgive action

We have some spoiled ass dudes up in here.

Your girl sleeping with your best friend behind your back is some "never forgive action." Almost breaking your iPod though? Seriously - a nice meal and *cough cough* "dessert" would be good enough for me as an apology. That and a new iPod.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    damn dude, y'all are ruthless. You've all developed some serious resentment against the "queens of the earth", hahaha, that was so AYOOOO.

anyway, I seen the ipod, it works. It's a miracle.

• well SHE does HIS cleaning....*cough cough*