WEEKEND FINDS!!!!

scrimboscrimbo 49 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Thought I would set up a post so all of the Southern hemisphere strutters could get a head start. Local record store finds...All were out of place in the racks, so doubt anyone else had peeped them. The Captain Sky has it's moments, understandably bass-heavy p-funk kinda stuff. Is Concerned Party No.1 the 'essential' album here?? The Jerry Butler is quite nice as well. Nice, heavy gatefold, and there is a couple of nice Joe Tex styled relationship raps on there as well. What is it w/ ALL JB's 'King' records being scratched all of the time. I know that they are older than the majority of stuff I buy, but it looks like a kids been playing with that Live At The Garden.... An arrival of some long time wants courtesy of Mr Sheep!!! Mostly playing catchup here with a few essentials... I picked up JB's 'Reality' as well, just to add to the collection.

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    WTF is up with that JBs pressing???? Never seen that one before...

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

Spill the beans on that weird-ass pressing. Promo thing?

• this is phrom a week ago but i was hangin out with my girlfriend until she had to leave for skool in London...
    anyways my friend recently passed away a few months back. i stopped by his brothers house last week and talked with him for awile, at which point he told me he was goin to backpack in europe and was havin a rummage sale. i asked if he still had any of my friend Steves music, at which point he led me to his basement and pulled out a tub of albums. he told me he was goin to sell them at the rummage sale until i told him i would take them off his hands and sell whatever ones i did not want. he told me to give him money for the ones i sold and just keep the ones i wanted.. heres what i grabbed.

he also sold me a Yamaha SY77 Music Synthesizer phor 50$

o and heres some coca tea my girlfriend braught back frum Peru

Not a bad past few weeks!

R.I.P. Steve Johnson we all miss you!!

• Finally managed to get my hands on some long time wants although this is not a real weekend find, more a past two weeks find.

Especially the "Smoke" LP is pure

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

[

Posting Simon and Garfunkle's greatest is beyond

• There needs to be a distinction made between "finds" and stuff that's found.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• Posting Simon and Garfunkle's greatest is beyond

Fake finds posts are looking better & better.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Finally managed to get my hands on some long time wants although this is not a real weekend find, more a past two weeks find.

online finds, right?

• Oh Snit! Vitamin D "Table Manners" with graphics by Bean One? Bonkers!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

That's the ultra-raer cover with Simon on the left and Garfunkel on the right!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

Japanese only. RAER COVER! M*** I offered that LP to you in trade, but you weren't into it!

Glad u like the records scrimbo... holla at me on the e-mail.

peace.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    [apearson]fear the Nippon press Garfunkle ass burner, shredding under the influence of nag champa and hash oil.[/apearson]

• [apearson]fear the Nippon press Garfunkle ass burner, shredding under the influence of nag champa and hash oil.[/apearson]

Damn.

• Posting Simon and Garfunkle's greatest is beyond

Fake finds posts are looking better & better.

yah phake finds, fuk u bro...
    my frend passed away and i was just representin his vinyl, i didnt say they were i posted all the ones i kept hot or not , u dont dig , i dont kare

• my shit is real yo....

not a big day but

Vida e Inspiracion S/T (Decca) some nice latin soul jernts on this

Herb Johnson 45 on timmion...it was a new copy in P/S but it was only $3.50???? they wholesale for more than that dont they?

Hank Ballard "Come on wit it/Blackenized" (King) damn, is EVERY song on the LP on a 45? I think if I dig up a "funky soul train" 45 i'll have every song from that LP

and I scooped one of those bootleg Ann Robinson 45s that have floatin' around, $5 versus $600...ok.

Yeah, I bought a bootleg, Im scum.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

Japanese only. RAER COVER! M*** I offered that LP to you in trade, but you weren't into it!

Glad u like the records scrimbo... holla at me on the e-mail.

peace.

Damn, really? I musta missed that. Looks hella cool.

• I found that rhetta hughes lp for 2 and Rick James Super Freak for 2 as well.

I did find some dope records this past week but I'm totally lazy to get a remember..maybe later tonight after a beer.

• The New Birth - Comin' From All Ends
    Bad Bascomb - Black Grass

Not much, but it's the first time I've bought records in literally about 2 months... Good timing though since I've never come across that Bad Bascomb before. I know, I'm a little dude, not a

• These are some of the stuff I got a few weeks back. Not 1$ a piece but I got them for prices I think are good. $50 for cheyenne's comin (sealed), 20 for ocho "tornado", 40 for terry callier, 15 laura lee (sealed) and 80 for paul jackson.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Hank Ballard "Come on wit it/Blackenized" (King) damn, is EVERY song on the LP on a 45? I think if I dig up a "funky soul train" 45 i'll have every song from that LP

Almost, and yes, "Funky Soul Train" is also on 45. Only 2 songs on the LP do not appear on singles.

HANK BALLARD AND THE MIDNIGHTERS
    Funky Soul Train/Which Way Should I Turn (King 67)
    Despite the title, Funky Soul Train is actually a down-home sounding Soul tune by Mr. Ballard. Which Way Should I Turn is a ballad. James Brown did production on this 45.

http://www.soulstrut.com/reviews/review/review_insert.php?item_id=717

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Finally managed to get my hands on some long time wants although this is not a real weekend find, more a past two weeks find.

How is the Ann Sexton LP. I've been wondering since it was released in 1977 whether it's like her earlier single "You're Gonna Miss Me."

• Finally managed to get my hands on some long time wants although this is not a real weekend find, more a past two weeks find.

online finds, right?

some of them 50:50 I'd say.

Munich isn't the place to stumble over records like Smoke, Majestic Arrows or Ann Sexton

• rorororo 22 Posts

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    you paid $369.00 for a Fischer Price?

• rorororo 22 Posts
    it was in french "francs" back in the days. it was maybe 52 euros. and i paid 5 !

How is the Ann Sexton LP. I've been wondering since it was released in 1977 whether it's like her earlier single "You're Gonna Miss Me."

That's exactly what I was wondering, too, but not since 1977, more since 1995 that's the first time when I heard "You're losing me". But the LP is not as as most of her earlier releases and you can definitely hear that "modern vibe" that record releases after 1976 have. Most of the tracks are mellow beautiful love songs there're just one or two uptempo numbers with a little bit of disco feeling. But all in all it's a really beatiful late 70's soul record.

• Leonard Nimoy- The Way I Feel LP (sealed!)
    Soft Machine- Third 2LP
    Les Chakachas- Discoteca Sudamericana LP
    Luther Allison- Bad News is Coming LP
    Sun Ra- Space is the Place LP (Blue Thumb)
    Bantous de la Capitale- Marie-Rose b/w C'est La Vie 45 (with pic sleeve)

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    some bklyn flea market picks

Bobbi Humphrey - Satin Doll
    Roy Ayers Ubiquity - Change up the Groove
    Roy Ayers Ubiquity - Vibrations
    Steve Tibbetts - YR (1980)
    Taj Mahal - s/t