hipsters using the "n" word...

Comments

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    bit far fetched, no ?

and are these girls considered hipsters btw ?

• NO reason to use that word period "." you can just tell that she is a dumb person.. who posts something like that...

• it really is horrible...but those girls seem like GOOD TIMES!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    This is probably gonna spark some more controversy but....

how many of yall use "n...a" sometimes?

N....doesn't really bother me as much as phrases like "reppin" or "get my drink on" are used by the wrong crowd.

• how many of yall use "n...a" sometimes?

Never.

• how many of yall use "n...a" sometimes?

Never.
    even the sound of it irks the shit out of me. My dad jokes with his friends using it and I keep telling him it aint funny

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Never.
    even the sound of it irks the shit out of me. My dad jokes with his friends using it and I keep telling him it aint funny

Hey C***y, we needs to link up this weekend

never saw reason to use it, it seems low class not to mention pretty much a foolish move for anyone, much less someone of my skintone to use.

• Hey C***y, we needs to link up this weekend

I'ma be in Pasadena on sunday at Poo Bah's playing some noise music with a friend at about 1:00 or so. Whatcha plans for Sat and Sun? PM me.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    You'd be surprised how many people over here (in the Netherlands, but I'm guessing other parts of Europe as well) don't see any problem in using this word, I don't think I've ever met anyone over here who does. I don't use the term myself, but I've given up on trying to tell people not to use it a long time ago.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    we've all been niggerized in some way. thus, you are all niggers, and you can use the sleeker version, "nigga" anytime. welcome to the club, niggers! I'll be sure to spit on you and throw rocks at you just as an official welcome! It was good enough for my forefathers, so it's good enough for the new niggers! welcome to the niggerhood!

I was actually just going to buy BOSCOE to feel the "authentic black experience???". this saves me what... $700? Sweet!

• are they hipsters or just suburban party girls? i can hear her raspy voice right now

• we've all been niggerized in some way. thus, you are all niggers, and you can use the sleeker version, "nigga" anytime. welcome to the club, niggers! I'll be sure to spit on you and throw rocks at you just as an official welcome! It was good enough for my forefathers, so it's good enough for the new niggers! welcome to the niggerhood!

I was actually just going to buy BOSCOE to feel the "authentic black experience???". this saves me what... $700? Sweet!

I have the MP3's. Save yourself the $700!!

Headless Heroes is waaaaaaaaaay better and just as political for your money.

• "...now we got white kids callin themselves 'niggas'"

• are they hipsters or just suburban party girls? i can hear her raspy voice right now

Do we really need to differentiate?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This is probably gonna spark some more controversy but....

N....doesn't really bother me as much as phrases like "reppin" or "get my drink on" are used by the wrong crowd.

I'm sorry, but this is nuts--that word and "get my drink on" are not even in the same ballpark in terms of offensiveness.

In fact, I'm not sure why "get my drink on" would be offensive at all... it's become about as much part of the common American vernacular as "yo" or "dis".

• of all places, i never thought i'd hear that members of SoulStrut use that word...EVER. Shit is fucking corny. And dont even get me started on stupid ass slut using the word. What is it about cute girls and that word...it drives me fucking crazy. AND WHAT THE FUCK IS UP with black dudes that will hang around these kinda bitches(is the head and twat that good?!?!) knowing DAMN well they use the word all the time(including in front of them).
    Another thing..I kinda grew up thinking the South was so racist because lots of people here use the word a good bit. Then I noticed the more people I met from other states-well what do ya know-they use it EVEN MORE then redneck southerners. What the fuck is wrong with this world, man? I give up.

• I'm not defending shit that the girl said or did, but I will point out that she is from Australia, and therefore, much more disconnected from the word's brutal history.

For example: the words "abo" and "kaffir" probably have no meaning at all to you, but in Australia and South Africa, respectively, those are localized versions of the n-word. [Please correct me if I am wrong, seeing as I'm American and not Aussie or South African.]

I would love to think that she would know better, but then again, I could say the same about many Americans.

• I'm not defending shit that the girl said or did, but I will point out that she is from Australia, and therefore, much more disconnected from the word's brutal history.

For example: the words "abo" and "kaffir" probably have no meaning at all to you, but in Australia and South Africa, respectively, those are localized versions of the n-word. [Please correct me if I am wrong, seeing as I'm American and not Aussie or South African.]

I would love to think that she would know better, but then again, I could say the same about many Americans.

HI ROSS!

• ^^^^^
    That's pretty much true. You'll never hear an Australian use that word without looking both ways first.

I dunno, I don't wanna keep flogging this race horse, but I do find it interesting that people who get so offended will happily launch a tirade and use 50 other offensive words.

I don't use the word, and never would, but there are really only two options-

1- Open it up and let EVERYONE use it, thus destroying any negative connotations,

OR

2- Only let historians/activists/scholars use it in reference to a horrible time in history.

Clearly I don't think either will happen, so this debate will probably rage forever.

• AND WHAT THE FUCK IS UP with black dudes that will hang around these kinda bitches(is the head and twat that good?!?!) knowing DAMN well they use the word all the time(including in front of them).
    Chalk that up to low self-esteem.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    2- Only let historians/activists/scholars use it in reference to a horrible time in history.

yeah, armchair politicing on the internet will probably look pretty bad when viewed from the future.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I don't use the word, and never would, but there are really only two options-

1- Open it up and let EVERYONE use it, thus destroying any negative connotations,

OR

LOL

Hardly.

"If I can't use it, then nobody should be able to to!"

• I don't use the word, and never would, but there are really only two options-

OR

LOL

Hardly.

"If I can't use it, then nobody should be able to to!"

I know it's laughable, but it's really the only way to stop anyone from being upset. I mean, if I make a song that uses a word in the chorus, in a non-derogatory way, and I'm happy to take your money when you buy the song, but I don't feel that you're entitled to USE that word, then isn't that a bit crazy?

All I mean is that the word either means nothing, or it is indeed heavy and should be treated with respect. It seems to me that the majority of people treat it as a "nothing" word, although I for one would NEVER assume that to be the case.

Does anyone have the right to get asshurt when they're refered to as a white boy?

I dunno, are these race threads ever solved? I think it's a shocking word, but maybe it will be one day resigned to the annals of words that change meaning, like queer or fag?

• I'm whitey white white, Jewish, and skinny, but I've decided that I'll use the word nigger if I'm talking about someone who said it, or history, or something like that. I think it is important to be able to say the word in these contexts. I have never and will never called anyone "nigger", although there was an unfortunate semester Freshman year of college that I thought saying "nigga" with my caucasiod hommies was funny. I am ashamed of this.

It seems to me that most of these Europeans and Australians using the word nigger are getting it from rap music, and are very ignorant of what it means to people in the states.

• ^^^^^
    But that's what is so strange. They pick it up from the place that is trying to chastise them for using it. It's not just rap either, film, tv and magazines are all fairly sloppy with it.

All I mean is, if I swear, I don't have much of a recourse against my children when they start swearing, do I? The real question should be why does anyone use the term, at all?

I think most hipsters should be sent to their own angsty island anyway, regardless of how they speak.

• NEVER

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    "...now we got white kids callin themselves 'niggas'"

And black kids callin white kids nigga. Did we not have this post a month ago?
    It's like dick-sucking for bodybuilders.