Siths are Neocons are Siths are Neocons

2»

Comments

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    dude i am a fan, but getting this deep into it is on trekkie territory

don't be scared to analyze popular culture, my friend. it is what you are.

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    Lucas was not only biting every filming style under the sun, but also remixing classic mythology regarding war and peace, democracy and imperialism, and by proxy good and evil.

Seeing those parallels is nowhere near moronic. Ignoring them is.

Don't forget classic Kurosawa Samurai flicks.

Invite the author to Happy Hour tonight and we'll give Gumby a curb job(no AYO).

yeah! we could invite Vitamin and Archaic. make 'em strip to they tighty whities and pretend like they're buttfucking or some shit. yeah! then take pictures and smoke marlboro lights. whooo. go USA!

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Fatso Backso
    202-667-9560

is this real, if so how the hell do prononce you last name, like ear ring?

and as for this neocon sith thing, your a moron if you argue on either side of this debate

No, your [sic] the moron, looser!!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Look, we all know the empire was bad okay? I mean, how are they the good guys? That would conversely mean that the ewocks are the bad guys!

how are you gonna sit here and try to say ewocks were the bad guys? Huh? that dont make no kind of sense playboy.

I should be on the radio.

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    Sorry, I just read this essay. Had to google this fucking idiot.

In his blog he also expresses genuine shock and dismay at discovering from some documentary that Bob Saget swears and tells off color jokes, concluding with a "who knew?" The answer of course being everone who saw that little Dave Chapplle movie Half Baked. And this guy is a fucking film critic.

Following the links every which way led me to this right wing blog (nicedoggie.net -- seriously) with some of the most beligerent, evil arguments I've ever seen. One talkback poster after another extolls the virtues of the empire and dis the Jedi without ever missing an opportunity to misinterpret the storylines, disregard irony, and yes, deal in absoultes. It's impossible to even know where to start when faced with so many distortions of fact, logic, common sense and decency, such warped perception. These assholes are winning.

3rdStream -- this is an interesting topic because it cuts right to the core question of what is happening in America. When you find people misapprehending something as clear as a movie as profoundly as these people do, you get a rare window in on their thought processes, such as they are. I find it fascinating.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    OK Francis, let's just calm down here.

I think we can all agree that analyzing the political implications of an imaginary space war is gay.

That being said, it's funny that Luke Skywalker is in the intergalactic Taliban. Although, the situation would be more complete if George 1 was Darth Vader and George 2 Luke, but then we see that it's more like G1 is the Emperor and G2 is Darth.

That being said, you're all gay in the most insulting way. Mostly meaning that gay people wouldn't talk to you.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    A local columnist in the SF Chronicle this week had a different take on Star Wars. She said that George Lucas is a bleeding heart liberal and that Star Wars wasn't black and white enough in terms of good and evil. She said that since Darth Vader gets redemption at the end it proves that Lucas is one of those "silly" liberals that just doesn't understand evil. She also complained that in the current movie Skywalkers' turn to the dark side wasn't evil enough! She went on some babble about if only Hitler could've been reformed like Darth Vader we'd live in a better world, but he didn't so Lucas' image of good and evil is a simplistic story by a "wrong headed" liberal.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    A local columnist in the SF Chronicle this week had a different take on Star Wars. She said that George Lucas is a bleeding heart liberal and that Star Wars wasn't black and white enough in terms of good and evil. She said that since Darth Vader gets redemption at the end it proves that Lucas is one of those "silly" liberals that just doesn't understand evil. She also complained that in the current movie Skywalkers' turn to the dark side wasn't evil enough! She went on some babble about if only Hitler could've been reformed like Darth Vader we'd live in a better world, but he didn't so Lucas' image of good and evil is a simplistic story by a "wrong headed" liberal.

Who's the columnist?