God Father (JBR)

Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Saw him at the Hollywood Bowl last night. As I was walking up my girl mentioned that she had seen him about two years ago.. naturally I asked how the show was.. and she claimed the she was able to write a paper on how bad and washed up he was for her creative writing class in college. I still went in with an open mind.. I thought he killed it.. for his age he played the right shit.. started out with the "Prisoner of Love" type shit... put everyone in the place in the mode.. weed smoke in the air.. the wine (that they let you bring in...huge) tasted so good... it was great.. then he came out with sex machine for the last set.. Basically James Brown my lady and I broke up with her later for disrepectin the Godfather like that...

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Saw him at the Hollywood Bowl last night. As I was walking up my girl mentioned that she had seen him about two years ago.. naturally I asked how the show was.. and she claimed the she was able to write a paper on how bad and washed up he was for her creative writing class in college.

I still went in with an open mind.. I thought he killed it.. for his age he played the right shit.. started out with the "Prisoner of Love" type shit... put everyone in the place in the mode.. weed smoke in the air.. the wine (that they let you bring in...huge) tasted so good... it was great.. then he came out with sex machine for the last set.. Basically James Brown my lady and I broke up with her later for disrepectin the Godfather like that...

I was at the show last night too. 81 year old Louie Bellson drum solo was

Chilling in a box seat with a bottle of wine and a pipe full of weed while listening to "This is a Mans World" with a full big band under a full moon was un-fucking-beleivable!

Please help me to understand Tommie Rae's (the 45-year old white girl with a voice) interpretive dance moves

• Saw him at the Hollywood Bowl last night. As I was walking up my girl mentioned that she had seen him about two years ago.. naturally I asked how the show was.. and she claimed the she was able to write a paper on how bad and washed up he was for her creative writing class in college.

I still went in with an open mind.. I thought he killed it.. for his age he played the right shit.. started out with the "Prisoner of Love" type shit... put everyone in the place in the mode.. weed smoke in the air.. the wine (that they let you bring in...huge) tasted so good... it was great.. then he came out with sex machine for the last set.. Basically James Brown my lady and I broke up with her later for disrepectin the Godfather like that...

I was at the show last night too. 81 year old Louie Bellson drum solo was

Chilling in a box seat with a bottle of wine and a pipe full of weed while listening to "This is a Mans World" with a full big band under a full moon was un-fucking-beleivable!

Please help me to understand Tommie Rae's (the 45-year old white girl with a voice) interpretive dance moves

yes.. strange...

but he did the James Brown like 4 or 5 times last night.. still got it.. thats all I'm saying.. anyone else feel me?

• I was at the show last night too. 81 year old Louie Bellson drum solo was ....he did the James Brown like 4 or 5 times last night.. still got it.. thats all I'm saying.. anyone else feel me?

yep, it was a nice night to take the wife out, pack some food, a bottle of plonk and chill under the full moon with JB in the driver's seat. his singing voice was clear and it was possible to understand his between song patter too. also, we gotta feel blessed to have witnessed louie belson play drums.