Stop Signs (NRR)

Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
I live on a street with a lot of them... For the past year.. I have speed up and down pretty reluctant to come to full stops at all of them. It finally caught up to me today when johnny law was all up in my rearview.. Mr officer sent his lady to make sure the coast was clear then he approaches and asks me all types of questions... where am I headed? "to work.." Where do you work? and it goes on and on..and on... Basically I am hating on traffic tickets.. anyone know how much I am lookin at for the fine.. not stoping at a stop sign... shit... post you beef with traffic violations..

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I think people should just stop at stop signs.
    That's why they are there.

I hate people behind me who act like I stopped "for them"
    and just ride my bumper through the stop sign. Losers.

• it didn't say how much it was on the ticket??? I got pulled over once for rolling through a stop sign, but I didn't get a ticket, I think he was just checking if I was drunk...I did get a ticket for turning at a no turn on red, I think it was about a bill...

• I think people should just stop at stop signs.

and just ride my bumber through the stop sign. Losers.

I live in a quiet neighborhood, with narrow streets and lots of kids. People are constantly running the stop sign outside my house. One day I'm going to sit out there with a box of rocks and just start throwing them at cars that don't stop.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• I got a $250 fine for the same. The officer was full of shit though. I certainly did stop but got busted hard for riding a motorcycle without an endorsement.

• Even though i am guilty myself, i can cosign on everyone just stopping. The four way stop in front of my house gets awkward because half of the people are stopping and half are trying to roll through.

When i was about 17 or so i was thinking of rolling through this one stop sign, but i decided not to. No lie a car full of kids my age came barrelling down this little hill, running right through, no lights on. i'd have gotten clipped or t-boned for sure. i've been much more cautious since.

...and i just realized that was almost a decade ago. Wow.

YOU KNOW WHATS WORSE THAN A TICKET...KILLING A LITTLE KID. DON'T SMOKE WEED AND GO TO THE DRIVE UP WINDOW. AND FOR GODS SAKE STOP AT FUCKING STOP SIGNS.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

and just ride my bumber through the stop sign. Losers.

I live in a quiet neighborhood, with narrow streets and lots of kids. People are constantly running the stop sign outside my house. One day I'm going to sit out there with a box of rocks and just start throwing them at cars that don't stop.

I would pay to see that.

I got stopped once cause My car was about a foot over the first pedestrian line at 2 in the morning, there was no auto traffic at the time beside me and the cop and there damn sure wasn't any foot traffic. I thought dude was following the letter of the law a little too closely. Luckily he let me go with a warning

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    one night, about 4-5yrs ago, i went out drinking with my friend mitch. we drank about 15 miller lites each, and ended up walking down to the bowling alley where we met a group of girls who thought we were funny. somehow, we convinced them to come back to mitch's house, so we all got in their car which was a feat unto itself, because there were 4 of them and their car was already full of boxes and shit. i was sitting in the front seat with a girl on my lap, when we started to slow down for the stop sign (which was right in front of a daycare or some house with millions of destroyed kids toys all over the yard). i was really drunk, so when it was slow enough for me to push the girl on my lap over, i jumped out of the car and grabbed a big wheel from the yard, and jumped back into the car, ontop of the girl. when we got going pretty fast again, i somehow swung the big wheel out into the street, causing all the traffic to swerve around like they do on TV. then, the driver girl got really mad and kicked me out of the car, so as a joke, i got out and ran toward a stopsign like i was gonna tackle it, but when i did, the post broke in half! it must have been partially rotted or something, 'cause those things are hard as fuck. i tried to put it back together, but the shitz was broken... the girls then kicked mitch out of the car and called us assholes or something to that effect. we walked back the rest of the way and forgot about the stopsign until the next morning. i hope no one got hurt! -matt

I HATE folls who put my life at risk because they are in a hurry to get to their job they hate, or to fight in line at the grocery store...

which brings up my next point: SLOW THE FUCK DOWN IN PARKING LOTS, AND DON'T COME IN MY LANE TO AVOID THE SPEEDBUMPS, YOU FUCKING ASSBAG.

• one night, about 4-5yrs ago, i went out drinking with my friend mitch. we drank about 15 miller lites each, and ended up walking down to the bowling alley where we met a group of girls who thought we were funny. somehow, we convinced them to come back to mitch's house, so we all got in their car which was a feat unto itself, because there were 4 of them and their car was already full of boxes and shit. i was sitting in the front seat with a girl on my lap, when we started to slow down for the stop sign (which was right in front of a daycare or some house with millions of destroyed kids toys all over the yard). i was really drunk, so when it was slow enough for me to push the girl on my lap over, i jumped out of the car and grabbed a big wheel from the yard, and jumped back into the car, ontop of the girl. when we got going pretty fast again, i somehow swung the big wheel out into the street, causing all the traffic to swerve around like they do on TV. then, the driver girl got really mad and kicked me out of the car, so as a joke, i got out and ran toward a stopsign like i was gonna tackle it, but when i did, the post broke in half! it must have been partially rotted or something, 'cause those things are hard as fuck. i tried to put it back together, but the shitz was broken... the girls then kicked mitch out of the car and called us assholes or something to that effect. we walked back the rest of the way and forgot about the stopsign until the next morning. i hope no one got hurt! -matt

let's get some fuckin' FRENCH TOAST!

i hope none of y'all that hatt crazy drivers ever come to Michigan, because it's like the Daytona 500 every day on the roads up here...

• I got a $250 fine for the same. The officer was full of shit though. I certainly did stop but got busted hard for riding a motorcycle without an endorsement.

WHAT!?! $250!!!!!was this for just the stop sign or the endorsement as well?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

I HATE folls who put my life at risk because they are in a hurry to get to their job they hate, or to fight in line at the grocery store...

which brings up my next point: SLOW THE FUCK DOWN IN PARKING LOTS, AND DON'T COME IN MY LANE TO AVOID THE SPEEDBUMPS, YOU FUCKING ASSBAG.

And to Hammertime, you think Michigan is wild, try driving in Milwaukee, drunk-driving capital of the nation (with high insurance rates to match ). I saw an accident during rush hour (AM) in which one car was flipped over, with a metal light pole knocked down in the street. Driving here is terrifying on the daily.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• autezautez 404 Posts
    whats the ettiquite when one person gets to the stop sign at the same time as you? i thought the person on the right has the right of way, but most times fools just look at me like its my turn so i just go. i also live in a hood with a lot of old people that will just sit there and wait.

• i hope none of y'all that hatt crazy drivers ever come to Michigan, because it's like the Daytona 500 every day on the roads up here...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    whats the ettiquite when one person gets to the stop sign at the same time as you? i thought the person on the right has the right of way, but most times fools just look at me like its my turn so i just go. i also live in a hood with a lot of old people that will just sit there and wait.

I think the actual law, such as it is, is that the person on the right has right of way, but in application, it's based on who is going to be the nice person and let the other one go first.

Growing up in Connecticut, the stop sign capital of the world, helped me master the art of the rolling stop. You slow down, sure, and do a scan to make sure the intersection is clear, but you shouldn't have to drop into first gear.

• Options
    Mr officer sent his lady to make sure the coast was clear then he approaches and asks me all types of questions...

I didn't understand this part.

By the way all you have to do when you get pulled over is flash one of your many PBA cards or your Detective's Endowment Association card or your D.A. Investigator card or your State Police Detail Commander-Emergency Services card. One of those should get you out of it, they work for me.

• Mr officer sent his lady to make sure the coast was clear then he approaches and asks me all types of questions...

I didn't understand this part.

By the way all you have to do when you get pulled over is flash one of your many PBA cards or your Detective's Endowment Association card or your D.A. Investigator card or your State Police Detail Commander-Emergency Services card. One of those should get you out of it, they work for me.

let me clarify.. I was probably being a "pig" right there.. but what I meant was that his partner for the day was a lady officer.. who seemed to be some sort of rookie.. she was dressed a little less official and was chewing gum. They both got out of the cop car at the same time and stood there for a minute or two.. then she came up the passenger side and asked me to shut off the engine. and said that her partner would be right with me.. then here pink razor phone beeped and she started a texting conversation with someone.. So fucking annoying that this lady has to chat with her friends on the job, with a little smile, while the other cop is issuing me a ticket with sweat all driping down his face...